Premier League 2024-2025

Why ? Do Arsenal have a seperate set of rules to everyone else ?

1 Like

Oops ! Sorry SW :rofl:

I don’t think he’s very good as a goalie… :grin:

2 Likes

The poor lad was probably confused.

Note to Aaron & the defence. We only play in red & white stripes and black shorts when we’re at home!

1 Like

I have only read reports but I gather Saints played five at the back (including Stephens) and made mistakes playing out from the back again.

Local paper’s website posters are already calling for Russell out…!

Maybe last season Russell should have come over to the Kingsland (there was a spare seat next to me in Row X), and he would have been able to see the stupidity of his “playing out from the back” tactics….just like we all could!

All well, only 35 games of misery to go!

OTOH, we’ll do a Steve Miller………”take the money and run!”

1 Like

Today has confirmed that, yet again, Man City will be the team to beat again this season. With Haaland in the team they can win games from anywhere.

3 Likes

It was actually a second yellow card…not wishing to sound pedantic :flushed:

1 Like

I have no idea how many times Haaland touched the ball but it wasn’t many but he doesn’t seemed to be bothered, and really why should he when he scores like that. The second one in particular was impressive, he fair spanked that one.

I can’t decide if I would have been happy if Newcastle had spent >£70m on Guehi but I did think we would have had a back option. Until Botman returns we are going to be a bit light at centre half

1 Like

I’m ultimately glad we didn’t sign Guehi. Would he have improved our squad? Yes. Is he a good player? Yes. Is he worth £70m? No. I’m just glad we didn’t give Palace a penny, and look forward to seeing his value drop like a stone. We should have walked away from the deal weeks ago, but that was our fault.

Whichever way you look at it, the summer has been poor for NUFC. The only 2 good things to come out of the transfer window for us were:-

1. We hung onto key players like Isak, Bruno and Gordon.

2. We got rid of Ryan Fraser.

I see some real headwinds ahead this season, but roll on tomorrow :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

Ouch!

On the Rice red card I said it was ridiculous meaning the law is ridiculous. And if we are to have this letter of law argument banded about again this year then let’s have consistency with the letter of the law please, a player for one team kicks the ball away stopping a quick restart and doesn’t get a yellow this same player gets yellow later in the game which should have been a second yellow then a player for the other team does the same and does get booked it’s a second yellow and of course a red.

And it also seems that kicking a player full pelt in the shins isn’t a bookable offence anymore but kicking a ball a way a couple of feet is.

All the talk was on Leandro Trossard last weekend having to start over Martinelli well he got his start and as with 90% of his starts after an excellent performance of the bench he was poor again, Leandro Trossard is our Ole Gunnar he is the perfect substitute.

Raheem Sterling could prove to be the solution he is still only 29 and he sited Mikel Arteta as the reason he had those two or three fantastic seasons before going to Chelsea, on a years loan with no obligation to buy and with Chelsea paying over half of his wages it’s as risk free a signing as there is in the Premier League.

1 Like

I agree with you Bob about the stupidity of some of the laws. However, Rice was also incredibly stupid for blatantly kicking the ball away, knowing he had already been booked.
For me, the earlier player should have been booked, Rice should have been sent off, but so should the Brighton player for kicking Rice.
So, I understand your frustration about referee consistency but players also need to accept their share of responsibility to cut out the petulance, gamesmanship, injury-feigning etc that increasingly blights the game at all levels.

5 Likes

By the letter of the law they both should have been booked, however, as used before by many refs discretion should have come into play. Rice flicked the ball away after having it thrown towards him from behind…then Veltman pretends to take a free kick…total sxithousery by Veltman of which ARSEnal were very good at last season so could be karma, however doesn’t make it right…

2 Likes

S’pose we have to invent a new phrase - to ‘go all Evertony’.

That was some capitulation. Not even my lot have collapsed quite so quickly…

Well, not yet :grin:

Booking Pedro first half wouldn’t have carried the same weight/media exposure for the referee and his ego.

Anyway it’s very early doors Declan will l arm his lesson and we will be back for the North London Derby on the 15th where Sterling will score and become a North bank Hero.

Sorry Andy but bigger teams than Newcastle will come for Guehi and his price won’t plummet. Good luck for this afternoon though

On my grave, I’m going to have etched ‘Spurs were on top but…’

It’s the life story of a Spurs fan.

I think we should diarise your post and revisit it when he eventually leaves Palace. As always, time will tell :smiley:

1 Like