Premier League 2024-2025

Sorry Jamie, but the Beeb reports… .

‘Kane told BBC Radio 5 Live he wants to keep playing for a long time, taking inspiration from several modern-day legends.’

1 Like

You make him sound like Rip Van Twinkle Toes

I think it’s fair to say England & Carsley will face stiffer challenges than that Ireland team.

1 Like

Nice couple of “team interplay” goals but agree with 250.

Nevertheless a good start.

1 Like

Looks like the wheels are really coming off at Chelsea, Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital’s relationship has broken down and now they are both considering buying each other out.

Apparently Clearlake led by Eghbali wish to increase their 61% stake and Todd Boehly wants to increase his holding by £2.5bn so that he has more control major disagreements between the two include strategy and the stadium.

2 Likes

The Premiership to a certain extent reminds me of Game Of Thrones , and whilst there isn’t the violence and sex, there is more than enough of bad language and back stabbing

1 Like

Turns out I know someone who knows someone who has got to know Eghbali over the last couple of years(!)

Allegedly, he is actually quite committed to bringing Chelsea on, now admits he knew fk all at the point of purchase and has been stung somewhat by having his name associated with the mega shitshow it’s become, having relied on the advice and guidance of others who professed to know more than he did. He’s also concerned of course about not making a profit and that profit goal getting ever harder as time draws on.

Pinning lots of hopes on next year’s Club World Cup competition apparently to balance the books. Which doesn’t convince me much, so I think he’s talking bollox.

Frankly, I can’t see anything good coming from much of all this…

John Terry and Wayne Bridge ?

4 Likes

I thought for a moment you meant Wayne Bridges the wrestler …

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Good to see that everything is calm at Chelsea and there’s no infighting :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Tbf, it’s been a pretty bad couple of years, yet at no time did I think it couldn’t get worse.

1 Like

Sorry @Jamiewednesday, that useless striker Kane has been playing tonight.
Carsley needs to select somebody decent up front. 68 goals in 100 Internationals is pretty crap.

1 Like

I don’t think Cristiano is available under FIFA rules, unless they can find a distant “English” ancestor…someone from the 95th Rifles perhaps?

1 Like

King George commands and we obey …

But were they ever stationed in Madeira?

1 Like

Apparently, some British troops were stationed on Madiera at that time, but is no record of a certain Richard Sharpe of the 95th having been there LOL

1 Like

Lol

True, a brace against the mighty Finland is rightly something to get excited about…

1 Like

So, once Poch and Hayes both do well managing the USA national teams, possibly winning a Copa America/World Cup along the way, will Clearlake bring these bright talents over to manage Chelsea perhaps?

2 Likes

It’s the first North London Derby of the season on Sunday, The Arsenal are without Declan Rice who is serving a one match ban, Captain Martin Odegaard and Riccardo Calafiori both injured in the recent round of silly internationals.

The Spuds recently injured Van Der Ven, Solanke and Bissouma are all possibly fit so is it advantage The Spuds who also have home advantage.

1 Like

Getting the excuses in early I see …

We are playing absolutely crap at the moment, defensive brain-farts and an inability to hit the proverbial barn door, and the Ar$e fans are getting worried ??