Premier League 2024-2025

Just had a yellow card from Anthony Taylor for shouting at the telly.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I got a red, dissent twice :flushed: what a fine example of not controlling a match, 16 yellow cards (includes 2 for the staff on the bench), wasn’t even that feisty a match.

Thought Brentford deserved a huge pat on the back today even in defeat.

1 Like

Looking forward to my trip to White Hart Lane (or whatever its called these days) to be an honorary Spursy fan for 90 something minutes in the North London derby today.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was at the Cottage as usual yesterday.
95th minute!
Cruel game at times but the away fans were gracious.

1 Like

Brentford made a match of it yesterday, giving it a bit of a go, unlike most opposition at the Etihad.

They were the last team to beat Man City at the Etihad and I was concerned for a while that they would end this undefeated run since November 2022!

1 Like

I thought Reece Nelson looked sharp when he came on and really pleased to see ESR settling in if you can get him fully fit and keep him that way he will end up being a bargain buy for Fulham.

1 Like

Enjoyed that. Good Spurs chances go begging and what seems to be a weekly occurrence, Spurs defence fails them. My daughter’s fiancée is a Spurs fan so I do like to cheer them on.

Has Bob not posted yet? C’mon Bob!

2 Likes

Been busy celebrating with my nephew! That’s zero derby’s wins for Big Ange out classed again by Mikel Arteta and also the first time the Spuds have lost three NLD in a row at home since the 80’s.

1 Like

And that is how it feels to be a Spud these days David.

1 Like

I’m glad I don’t have to go there every week…on a positive note saw and caught up with a guy i used play football with almost 30 years ago :sunglasses:

1 Like

On a lighter note I have seen more gutted Scousers since Sonia got beaten in Eurovision Song Contest and they introduced locking wheel nuts.

1 Like

Forget the FFP charges against Man City, the authorities should kick them out of the league for wearing those shirts tonight…

5 Likes

Definitely Maybe

4 Likes

The Spuds escaped with a win against an excellent Coventry side but Big Ange Imposternoclue looks more and more out of his depth with each passing week.

It’s another big weekend for The Arsenal tonight away at Atalanta in the CL and less than 72 hours later away at the Emptyhad.

Scans have shown damage to Martin Odegaard ankle ligaments meaning we will be without our Captain and Talisman for at least a month and maybe more.

Declan Rice is back in midfield though so I’m expecting a strong performance in both fixtures.

City? Arsenal? Phooey! C’mon the Celts.

1 Like

Let’s hope that Arsenal don’t repeat their bore-draw game plan at the Etihad from last season.

1 Like

Perhaps they could accommodate you like Brentford walk away with a pat on the head from Guardiola and no points.

1 Like