Premier League 2024-2025

I really liked what Arteta said about Martinelli and Pre Season he said that Martinelli is using his Pre Season to show he is prepared for the season rather than using it to prepare for the season.

Southampton signing Brererton Diaz is an astute move. Anyone taking a McAtee off City will have done equally astute business.

2 Likes

Riccardo Calafiori will wear No 33.

Hi Bob, this is especially for you , the rules for 2024-2025

elsewhere City were fined over £2 million pounds for seemingly being late onto the field of play

If I’ve misread that , I am sure I will be corrected

7 Likes

Ian, don’t encourage him pleeeeease.

4 Likes

No you didn’t misread @Ian2001 there where 22 infringements during the 2022/23 and 2023/24 seasons where they where late onto the field of play either at the beginning of a match or after half time.

Reports in the past month that the PL has decided to deal with future FFP breaches by way of a fine and not points deductions are actually wide of the mark both points deductions and fines will be used as punishments in the future.

Mikel Merino is set to join the Arsenal from Real Sociedad in a 30 million euro deal. The Spanish Euros winner will join Declan Rice in a new look midfield Edu and Arteta have addressed the left sided issues that have been slightly problematic since Granit Xhaka left at the end of the 2022/23 season.

Along with the Italian left footed CB/left back Riccardo Calafiori I’m hoping Mikel Merino will help unlock lethal winger Gabriel Martinelli’s full potential as after incredible break out seasons in 2021/22 and 22/23 that saw Jurgen Klopp call him a generational talent Gabby showed little of his attacking brilliance last season.

I hope Merino is more of a success at Arsenal than he was at Newcastle…

I think he may have moved on a bit since that single season at Newcastle after returning to Spain in 2018 with Real Sociedad they haven’t finished outside the top six, won the Copa del Rey in 2021 and last season he was the top winner of duels to win back possession across all of the top flight leagues in Europe with 326, which is what Arteta has brought him for.

And of course he is a Euros winner scoring the 119th minute winner in the quarter final to knock the hosts out of the finals. I think he’ll make an excellent addition to our midfield.

1 Like

Just watched the highlights of last nights Palace v Wolves match in the US. Palace won 3-1. A couple of youngsters really stood out. Pedro Lima is an 18 yr old with Wolves. He scored 2 goals (which were both disallowed) but he looks very good. Asher Agbinone is an 18 yr old with Palace who scored a beautiful third goal for us. Interesting to follow these two

A win’s a win!

If Nkunku can stay fit this time around, then the flashes we’ve seen in the few games he’s had over the last year could yet prove he is as good as he looked in last year’s pre-season games.

The new Spanish lad, Guiuiiiuiuiiu looks half decent too.

1 Like

As a Norwich City fan I wish we had taken the Man. City model further.

Instead of starting late, we should have not bothered turning up at all for most of our matches last season…

3 Likes

I get the impression parts of your team never bothered to turn up

1 Like

Shame the other parts bothered as well…

1 Like

Liverpool’s front line looked sharp against Arsenal the other night Salah had Zinchenko on toast which admittedly isn’t hard, I doubt if he will get any playing time with Jurrien Timber and now Riccardo Calafiori at left back because he just can’t defend.

That aside both Jota and Salah looked sharp in a first half that was very competitive though after many changes on both sides the second half looked a bit more pre season and even though it ended up 2-1 to Liverpool it was good to see Kai Havertz score and Arsenal’s four academy players Nwaneri, Nichols, Heaven and Lewis-Skelly looking good again.

Away kit not bad at all

Kind of USA ‘78.

2 Likes

Doesn’t make up for the home kit though

1 Like

Yep, it’s not hard is it. Blue shirts, blue shorts, white socks. With a bit of yellow/white trim here and there.

Away kit; yellow/white shirt, blue shorts, blue/white socks.

No-one’s buying that home kit.

1 Like

More injuries for united. Still cannot off load the overpaid players to bring in new.

Atb
Kk

Get those excuses in early :wink:

1 Like