Premier League 2024-2025

I guess when you compare him to Antonio he makes a lot more sense!

First pointless Arsenal bash of the season.

Yep, some good pre season training underway…looking forward to a long bashing season ahead :joy:

1 Like

I’ve given up already.

The team look absolutely clueless. Maresca has clearly lost the dressing room just five games into pre-season. He won’t last to Christmas, let alone May.

Awfulness is the new norm.

Chelsea fans will get louder and louder in their protests as the season goes on,

John Terry is now academy coach. Expect to see him step in as caretaker at some point. And although a great player he’s not a great coach. Will just save us from relegation before new manager appointed in Summer 25 and the awfulness just goes on.

They don’t seem to be learning from mistakes. And have a 44 player squad ! Not sure what the answer is though

However, it is only preseason, so not always accurate

2 Likes

What has happened to Conor Gallagher is just disgraceful. A good ( if not the best) midfielder who has Chelsea in his DNA and was the heart and soul of the team last season. Forced out for financial reasons with the threat of being benched if he didn’t comply. Not sure why anyone would join Cobham academy if it is going to be a meat factory. The days when a player could choose to spend their career at one club look to be over. Chelsea the worst but this is endemic to EPL now

2 Likes

It’s when some foreign owners see players and fans purely as assets , I think the one thing you could say about Abramovich was that there was a genuine passion , there.

(I live near Reading)

I should say not all, as the Leicester and (I think) Liverpool owners do seem to understand the clubs they own .

Agree with Gallagher but tbf, given the sh show that Chelsea is just now, a move is probably a good thing for what is undeniably a good bloke.

As to the Academy I think a lot of players who join know exactly what it is. They will probably be loaned to another team or have a chance in U21s etc. Either way, their price has risen and they get to play regular football. There aren’t many Academy players I can think of who have moved on for a price lower than we paid. Otoh, there are any number of ‘star players’ who have been a financial loss, if we can manage to get rid at all!

I just can’t see what the game plan ultimately is beyond Academy players though. There can’t be many ‘stars of the future’ left in South America without a Chelsea badge on their vests and it’s explained away through ‘planning for the future’ but it’s the now that’s vital, otherwise we have no future.

1 Like

While I was a bit sorry to see Gallagher leave Chelsea, I think he will thrive at A Madrid. I’ve always thought that a weakness in Gallagher’s game was his propensity to often give the ball away cheaply. He needs to add discipline to his unbounded energy and enthusiasm. He’ll learn that under Simone.

1 Like

Out of curiosity what leads you to believe that Enzo has lost the dressing room?

Of the 44 players listed, 6 are development squad players (this is purely those that have come through the academy and does not include players who have been purchased who are not yet of 1st team standard), I’d suggest another 9 will be sold which then leaves 4/5 to be loaned out. If the 9 I identified are sold this would leave just 2 players left from the Roman era vs Arsenal who have 3 left from era prior to Captain Black. Feels like the scale of change and pace, 2 years vs 5 years is an issue…in theory we should have 3 years from now to win the league and be ahead of Arsenal :flushed:

You’re going to need a spreadsheet!

2 Likes

And the new Exascale Computer at Edinburgh Univ that was on the radio news last week :+1:t2::wink::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Already have one i set up at the end of the season noting who i would sell including value, who to loan and what positions we need new players for…how sad :joy:

1 Like

The new season is upon us what are your predictions? Here’s mine.

1. Arsenal
  2. Liverpool
  3. The Cheats
  4. Aston Villa

Send him back to Leicester. ( Only joking!!)

My EPL predictions…

TOP FOUR

1. West Ham
  2. Liverpool
  3. Villa
  4. Palace

RELEGATED
Arse
Spuds
Chels

2 Likes

Lol.