Pulled the trigger on recapped nDAC

I use DH Labs D-750 bnc between Lumin U1 mini and ndac.

Are you playing CDs with the Oppo bluray player feeding the Denafrips Venus II? In my limited experience, CD or bluray players aren’t the best source for the evaluation of a DAC’s potential. You should have tried connecting a laptop to the Denafrips using a USB cable, or better still use a dedicated music streamer.

I run my Cd’s from my Oppo105 to the nDAC. Sounds good to me however I rarely play CD’s

So HiLine is recommended for nDAC to NAIT XS?

Which configuration of HiLine? Din5-Din5?

Din-5 to Din-5 is recommended. It works wonders for me.

Ok I just picked up a used Powerline and Hiline Din5-Din5 for my nDAC.

2 Likes

Congratulations. They both are really nice. If I recall correctly I noticed the Powerline more than the HiLine but it’s been awhile.

Good to hear the power line makes a difference as I bought a used one yesterday for use with our nDAC!

We’ll be using a Superlumina Din/Din to maintain full loom.

1 Like

Installed the PowerLine and HiLine and my first thoughts:

• Individual sounds and instruments are more distinct and clear
  • Less high end fuzzyness
  • Music seems slower. Every significant upgrade to my Naim system seems to slow down the music a little if that makes sense.

Not as huge as moving to nDAC from a different DAC for sure, but its a cleaner sound, more tamed w.r.t. noise, less fuzzy.

2 Likes

Slower is good.
In my book, that means you are noticing more the integral components within the rhythm - rather than a blurry hash.

2 Likes

Yeah the notes in some ways seem longer, and the music is pulling my focus into a pocket of sound if that makes sense.

It cleaned up a lot of haze for sure, and bass is different but I can’t describe how…if just slightly. The bass was pretty crazy good before with just the nDAC but I’d say the impact of these cables sounds to be in high-mid to high range.

2 Likes

Which did you think made the most difference? For me it was the powerline, which also seems to give similar benefits on all electronics that I’ve added them to so far. Voice in particular.

1 Like

I added them both at the same time so I would not be able to tell.

I think that is how having the music more cohesive and controlled is first perceived.

2 Likes

This song has some new stuff in it, right at the beginning of the song there is some psychedelic wa-wa that is way more apparent.

3 Likes

This sounds pretty damned good, much better…the cymbals are crazy.

2 Likes

Odd thing I noticed is I prefer the volume a bit lower now…crazy…used to want to crank it up a ton, but i’m keeping it mostly at 9 now whereas before I was 10 or 11.

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven

1 Like

Jazz def got a lift:

2 Likes

This makes me smile. When I added a Powerline it was the same thing(even better with a full loom). I turned down the volume slightly but like you said, the music seemed slower (my thoughts also) then I realized I could now distinguish more “notes”.

1 Like

This one nearly sounds like it will bring down my entire house with its bass:

Not sure how its possible with the little XS amp and Credo speakers, but I’m in fear for my life due to the vibration of my house lol…

Guess I need a Powerline for my NAIT XS…:sweat:

1 Like