Pulled the trigger on recapped nDAC

Which 5-pin din output port do you currently use?

I use coax…

Well the HiLine ain’t for you. As Richard said earlier, it’s an analogue cable.

I’m connecting nDAC to NAIT XS or SN3…you can’t connect those with HiLine?

Yes, but via the analogue connections.

Coax to Nait or SN … Really?

1 Like

Source to Ndac via coax or optical.
Ndac to amplifier via analogue DIN or RCA.Highline or lavender or whatever.
Simple…

“Seriously?”

“Coax to Nait or SN … Really?”

Your comments aren’t helpful at all.

2 Likes

The DC1 cable is a digital coaxial terminated with a BNC connector.
The Ndac has BNC inputs as well as RCA inputs for RCA terminated digital coaxial cables - along with optical inputs,
The Ndac has either DIN or RCA outputs.
The coax cable for input and the highline as output to your amp.

I use optical/toslink to nDAC, and RCAs to amp from nDAC.

I want HiLine from nDAC to AMP…just curious which ports to use on AMP.

That should be fine with any line input.

1 Like

You can use any of the DIN inputs on the NAIT XS. If it were me I’d use the CD input.

2 Likes

This makes perfect sense now (but wasn’t what you were saying earlier :slight_smile: ). Thanks for clarifying, and good luck with finding improvements - the HiLine would be a good choice.

1 Like

Who recapped it?

My worry about recapping is that although in theory it should sound better after running in, there’s always a chance that it might not.

Right now my nDAC sounds lovely.

Since you’d feed a CD player into the nDAC right? I.e. you’d never use the CD input with nDAC. I guess there has been an AUX on many systems in the past.

They are discontinued…and I wouldn’t know the difference between a new one and recapped. So far its been a big improvement. However it is requiring a shift in my brain and “ear” because I’m hearing new things.

All the songs sound different, so I get tired sometimes (yes as we know listening for long hours intently requires a lot of brainpower…I could tell stories about this, but when the brain is totally exhausted (from listening) the body is dead too and you must sleep and wait awhile before getting over-intoxicated on listening to your entire catalogue.

What could change your hi-fi system more than your source? My guess is that the better the system, the more the source will change it, but just my crazy mind. I’d imagine in a very good system that taking one component and downgrading is a lot would also cause major change in the system. :slight_smile:

“The tide raises all boats.”

Note: Dialog in movies is easier to hear now by a lot.

2 Likes

It sounds as though you’re having a good time with the nDAC.

Me too!

Currently listening to Bley, Peacock, Motian.

Do you know who recapped it?

2 Likes

Here is a playlist

Lot of deep bass and low frequency as well as spatial changes in these songs.

2 Likes

Holy nDAC!

4 Likes