Roon 1.7 and Roon live radio released

Roon 1.7 is certainly not as bad as that for me. The problem I have described above for the time being is the only one I have found.

The problem persists today. I rebooted my NUC this morning before starting a Roon Radio session using the Artist ‘Govi’. The first couple of tracks were ok, but once again got a blank ‘track details’ screen with the 3rd Roon track selection.

I subscribe to Tidal, not Qobuz. Perhaps there are more problems with Qobuz integration?

No issues with Qobuz for me.

Not had this either was using Radio for a lot of the afternoon.

I have this issue as well after the update, not good.

Had been fine, but today I’m seeing this track skipping issue with Qobuz.

Having this skipping issue occasionally. Very strange.

Sound quality is better imo though.

All working fine here on 1.7 (via a Nucleus) I’ve been playing a mix of local and Tidal files most of the afternoon with no problems.

Later last night Roon support suggested I log out of my Qobuz account from Roon and log back in. I did that and played another full album without any skipping issues. Hopefully that solved it. I’ll play it more later on today and see if it’s resolved.

1 Like

Same problem…quobuz skipped some albums…now it‘s working again

Not as far as I can tell - I think Roon’s error was to try to amalgamate purchased items available to stream with items in your library, so duplication would almost be inevitable - far better in my view just to show you local files in your library.

Thanks for the warning.

Since I took the suggestion from Roon support to log out of Qobuz and log back in, it has been working better. No skipped tracks since. In retrospect I might have been a bit harsh. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am on an older build which shows my Qobuz purchases - despite having the option not to install updates automatically Roon constantly tries to download 1.7 - I don’t want it to and will be rather annoyed if I’m stuck with 1.7 onwards.

Restoring Roon from Time Capsule on Mac does not seem to help, perhaps I need to update then revert?

It will always remind you as with no updates your using unsupported software and are on your own. On Roon core go to settings , then about you should see your core logged and this should have a great icon where you can tell it how to update or not to.

Roon shows dups as versions very clearly laid out, further more it will put the tidal/quboz logo on those versions, very tidy.

1 Like

I set it not to update automatically ages ago, but it keeps trying to download 1.7 - I can’t quite remember if Roon downloads but asks whether to install 1.7 or not, or just proceeds to do so and restarts or simply installs on a restart.

Thanks - I’m not sure if you’re suggesting Qobuz purchases are back under a My Qobuz type section or if you mean they are now automatically added to your library in 1.7 which is why I thought the feature I want was removed in the last version prior to 1.7 (and the reason why I have been using the one prior to that) as it confused people .

Roon have announced version 1.7 build 505 which fixes some issues, including the buffering issues some people (not me!) have seen.

1 Like

Any consensus on sound quality yet? 1.7 the same, worse or better?