Screen Freeze Update?

Again and again no end to this issue…frozen screen, such an expensive device with such problems that have not been solved yet already two years…it’s a really shame for Naim.

Meni, are you in contact with Naim support about this?

No Richard…need to contact them …but I think from others here .they already aware of those problem

Please do as it seems for most the screen freeze has been fixed, so Tech support need to look at any exceptional cases. Thanks.

Thanks …happy new year.

Mine OK since March fix.

G

Hi Ricard… i was in contact with Naim support about this…Naim send me an answer “Ticket Number is 89966” what does it means?

That’s your support ticket number - it confirms they have received your query and if they need any further info or they have a solution to advise then they’ll respond further. It’s also the number you should quote so your support query can be followed up.

Thanks Richard I will follow

Had again to day frozen screen already with the new firmware 3.5.1 updated on Sunday …nothing help to solve this problem …and I’m not sure anymore if it will be fixed

1 Like

It’s all very strange. Mine resolved with the update back in March.

Sorry you are still dealing with this irritation.

G

1 Like

I had on too with my Nova after one week of 3.5.1.

I had to unplug the unit for a reset.

No stuttering though and the sound is just right, to my ears.

If you have had a screen freeze on the latest firmware then please contact Naim tech support. Thanks.

Will do.

TBH having had one fail in another Naim product, I’m glad id gone on my streamer too. There is zero excuse in this day and age of using such a poor screen.

1 Like

I recently had a screen freeze on my ND555 whilst using the Beta version of the firmware which was eventually released as the official version of 3.5.1. I normally have the display set to off when playing. When I selected pause on the remote, the display showed the album art for a disc I’d been playing a couple of days before. I reported this through the Beta channels.

1 Like

My ND555 screen with 3.5.1 FW is stuck on Play Queue and doesn’t show album art. A reboot will probably temporarily fix but haven’t tried yet. Too bad.

Just want to know if this counts as “screen freeze”?

I leave the ndx2 playing a selection of music, Qobuz or whatever overnight.
In the morning the music is playing, but the screen is now blank. The display is not set to be off during playback.
The only way to get the album art displayed is to play with the “screen display- or whatever it is called “ button on the remote. Then all is ok for a few more hours or so.
If this is a fault, I’ll contact Naim support. Wasn’t sure if this was by design to avoid screen burn.

Fired in a request to Naim Support for an answer.

Me too, screen freeze has just returned on my NDX2, running firmware 3.5.1