Sean Jacobs Power Cables

Is that interconnect or power cable?

How does a black power block compare to a standard power Igel from music line?
I use the latter and can get a poweblock together with a dc3…

Power. I’ve not tried his interconnects

1 Like

I preferred the PowerBlack to the standard Powerigel and didn’t like the Powerigel Plus at all.

There’s a post somewhere on the forum about that in detail. My recollection, therefore not reliable, is that the PowerBlack was more textured, had a little more bass and gave a wider, deeper soundstage.

2 Likes

I looked at these power cables and see they’re double shielded, I guess the opinion that shielded power cables aren’t good with Naim is subjective like everything else :slightly_smiling_face:
Doesn’t say on the site what the wire gauge is, anyone know? (Yes I’m being lazy, I could just email them!)
How flexible are they?

Thanks

Due to my setup at home i needed a longer power cable than comes in the box for my xps2 powering my CDS2 so i got a black cable from sean and am very pleased with it.
Not tried any naim powelines so cant compare - but will say these IMO improve the sound over the regular box cables ( as you would hope for the price)

3 Likes

Naim opted for unshielded cables a long time ago. Few of us back then had much knitting behind the rack so one cable interfering with another was unlikely or at least less likely in the 70s and early 80s.

With lots of boxes, cable-dressing is increasingly important-even if you haven’t got an obvious hum from one getting twisted around another.

Faffing about with dressing led me to WH Morgana, which is shielded. Suddenly I could hear no difference from half an hour spent trying to dress cables as recommended here.

What a relief! Waggling burndies on occasion is still needed, and I still need to keep an eye on power cables. However, one source of angst vanished and the actual SQ versus Naim standard/ Hiline was definitely similar but a little better.

I don’t know whether the even-vaguely-affordable cables from Avoptions, Chord or Mark Grant are shielded or not. If they are, it doesn’t seem to be ruining the sound for many of those commenting on cables here.

I’d like to see a really broad thread on cables where we can see how many of us like what, having tried what options, and what it is that we like. Add the Naim never-wrong choices and SL, and speaker cable from TQ and Kudos, and I think we’d need quite a big cable table…

3 Likes

I recently came across this Makro Audio power block which is made in Germany.

7 Likes

That looks nice! Simple and neat.

Do you own one?
Just wondering, with regard to impressions?

No, I don’t own one but it seems to tick all the boxes and is very reasonably priced too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.