Show us what's inside

This is Luxman’s new flagship CD and SACD player, the D10X. As lovely on the inside as out. And you couldn’t accuse the company of selling empty space inside aluminium boxes…

pb1

4 Likes

With neat compartments as well.

They cut many of their analogue PCBs by hand too. I always find Luxman share a lot of design philosophy with Naim. They like regulated power amps. Loads of over engineering. Their speaker cable is even similar to A5. i.e. no frills heavy guage multi stranded.

1 Like

…and yet those two companies’ sonic signature are polar opposite.

1 Like

Melco N10 inside ( ps in a different box)

1 Like

I like Luxman as a brand, their stuff is very well built, obviously made with a lot of care. Don’t know their amps particularly well but I do like their disc spinners and turntables.

The D10 is definitely on my lust list if I ever win the Lotto, I really like its looks…

Steve “My house is really tidy” Guttenberg seems to like it as well:

1 Like

They’re stuff has always had an touch of class, great looking CD player. Oddly enough I’ve never heard anything of theirs in the flesh they’re not that common here.

Don’t you just love the way Steve’s stack on the right hand side moves as he talks, it’s a wonder he can find a CD.

Chord Dave… what a beauty.

Thought I try to keep this thread going a little longer.

7 Likes

That design is an acquired taste, and must very expensive in proportion to the internals!

4 Likes

What are the 4 Allen Heads doing - top and bottom corners?

G

1 Like

Not much inside the box

Naim CD5i

Naim CDX2

Quad CD66

4 Likes

Sony CDP-297

Marantz CD4000

I think that a number of the later pictures demonstrate the art of making it on a custom chip.

Neat trick if you can afford it.

I’m guessing the important bit is hiding under that heat sink.

The DAC, which is also a reference-level headphone amplifier and ‘digital preamp’, distils twenty years of Chord research, development and advanced engineering into one device. At its heart lies a new version of the advanced Spartan 6 Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) with 1,000x the processing power of the traditional mass-produced chip DAC. DAVE’s FPGA is loaded with over a million lines of code to confront complex timing issues head-on, with speed and precision.

If you mean the ones on the round glass display, I suspect they secure the glass window to the top aluminum cover.

May be, but still not much inside, especially compared to say the DCS dac/streamer

Rossini dac / streamer

3 Likes

I mean the ‘corner’ ones @NO-QUARTER. Have edited to make it clearer. They are on the top-plate ‘for effect’ by the looks of it.

G

Oh, ok but I am counting five per side, not four.:thinking:
Top and bottom…or left and right?:upside_down_face: