Show us your ATCs

Can’t match Chris’s shot as it’s dull here in Norwich . Scm11 flat black

the left speaker is deffo vertical in case anyone asks!!

19 Likes

Going to ask same question .

How are you today ?

best wishes

Ian

Hi Eoin,
Ikea. The model is Poang.

Best, C.

2 Likes

Thank you James! I noticed the light on the speaker so I moved the chair slightly, plumped the cushion a bit and snapped.

1 Like

Always love to see your system pics - nice shot here too

1 Like

Now that’s a most interesting listening position!

1 Like

Chair for illustrative purposes only!

1 Like

It is indeed a good picture. The Ikea POÄNG chairs are superbly comfortable and like some Naim units, punch well above their weight / price tag. Sadly the colours have become rather monochromatic over recent years. I was lucky enough to to buy two in a wonderful dark red leather many years ago and thankfully, they have survived the children intact.

Reading through this thread has been fascinating. I wonder how many here have employed any form of acoustic treatment of their rooms? I’m thinking particularly base traps that can be fitted relatively easily without spoiling decor and upsetting partners.

1 Like

Some great photos and setups here.
What kind of (power) amplification do people think is needed (or has worked for you) for the SCM7 or SCM11? I rather like the idea of trying them?

i has a nova with scm 11 and it was ok but SN2 & now 3 brought them to life. Outside of naim I’ve used Atc’s own amp and a leema tucana. Huge power is not necessary but the ability to deliver current with a stiff power supply helps.

4 Likes

Interesting, so may be the SCM7 are easier??

@garcon

In other threads users have reported that the 11’s are easier to drive than the 7’s.

in the ATC SCM7 with NAIT 5Si thread you will find some discussion: at post 41 @nicnaim writes…

“Naim amps are great with the ATC’s. In my experience, the SCM 11 are easier to drive than the SCM 7.”

2 Likes

Just picked up my pair of scm40a’s 5 weeks early :grinning: It was a bit of a squeeze in my mini!
Setting them up over the weekend, I’ll be using a music first passive pre and when i get the correct cables my nac 32.5/hc (running balanced via transformers). I’ll post pictures once they are set up.
Many thanks to Andy at the Audiobarn

5 Likes

Hope you enjoy them: can’t really use mine at the moment due to bunged-up ears and lots of Otex :unamused:

Loving my ATC 20aslt’s / Atom HE combo, its awesome!

21 Likes

That’s a shame, hope you get better soon and back to enjoying yours.

1 Like

It’s an awesome chair, have to agree, great design and so comfortable.

Much appreciated! It would appear then that both would enjoy a fair bit of current, which I am guessing might be relevant especially for lower volume listening?

1 Like

I have used a NAP155XS and now a NAP200DR with my SCM7s.

In the summer, a branch of the dealer I use here in the UK had an ATC open day. I didn’t go but I did chat with one of the staff members the following week. He said the SCM7s were mostly on the Atom, and lots of their customers have them on that too. Bit of toe-in, fairly close to the wall etc.

3 Likes

I’ve also heard dealers comment about the SCM7 as not so much of a difficult load but then the Atom has some special qualities!
I’m curious how they play quietly but I know, nothing like trying in one’s own room.

2 Likes