System Pics 2024

@bevo I’ve always had the Ovator400s in an all Naim system and they’ve always sounded great. Must be system synergy plus they have plenty of space around them in my room. With the Linn DSM they sounded a bit thin initially but after 5 days they came back to life, thank goodness!

5 Likes

Excellent IDAK

I think you should have a glass of Pinot Noir with the new system :wine_glass:

4 Likes

@Bevo Now that sounds like a cracking idea!

3 Likes

Bought a new camera last week, I figured a gratuitous speaker pic was in order.

65 Likes

And very nice it is too. Just a tad larger than mine.

24 Likes

Perhaps

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/show-us-your-camera

1 Like

@Mike_S what is wrong with the 552? Hopefully it will be sorted at real music.

1 Like

Happy to be back home after several years of residing in a cramped apartment, and with my modest main system now properly racked and sounding very good. No need to hide from the stack police anymore!

The Semitic PSUs are powering the Chord DAC and the iFi network transport (hidden from view), no Naim gear was harmed in the production of this kit.

40 Likes
1 Like

Richard posted the thread above this post. It’s back with Real Music again. First time round it had a failed DR regulator that was fixed. It’s suspected that the same fault occurred again, so the cause of that needs to be found, the suspicion was a faulty cable between the PS and the amp, hopefully should be resolved next week.

Meanwhile, a ND555 and LP12 Seleck through a Nova really needs to be heard to believed.:sunglasses:.

4 Likes

@Mike_S yes, it’s all about the source. Most people would never hear a Nova with such impressive front ends.
It’s good that RM are into it with the 552.
They are hearing about people having to send their recently bought naim kit for repairs via the round trip of 2400 miles to Australia . It can take a month or more to get their box back. One was damaged in transit adding to time away.
RM could promptly do it in a day or two in Wellington but are unable to as they are no longer naim dealers.

2 Likes

A small ‘testing’ change on Mrs Q’s system.

6 boxes becomes 2 in a radical shift:
202/200/Stageline N/Headline/NAPSC/ND5 XS2
…becomes…
Nait 50/ND5 XS2 :man_shrugging:t4:
AND… it sounds really nice through the Keilidh’s too😊
It’s only on test though, not necessarily gonna keep it😉

35 Likes

Reads a bit like a description of sound effects. Are you now listening to the equipment, not the music?

1 Like

Went from 200/202 (plus all the trimmings) and ended up with Nait 50 and ND5XS2 ( plus CDX2.2) very pleased

7 Likes

@MikeD i agree that in this initial phase I am naturally comparing it to the previous gear in an analytical way. Hence I just need to live with it for some time more to let it all just wash over me. It will take weeks before I can say anything more. My initial impression that the Linn is like a 3 star Michelin meal compared to, say, very high quality street food. The former is all present, correct and refined. The latter is simpler but hearty, perhaps not quite as intricate but delicious nonetheless.

2 Likes

The Supernait 1 is replaced by a Rega Brio (2017 model) which in all areas is a worser amp but also the one which has no listening fatigue. The sn1 can sound too forcefull for my acoustics and i was struggeling to enjoy it. So win win.

2 Likes

I would seem Ian that Mrs Q and I could be doing much the same thing.
Depending on the ‘Trade-In’ deal, that Tony and I will haggle over next week​:wink:, this could very well be Mrs Q’s next system evolution :blush:
She really liked the sound it was delivering yesterday from her LP12 particularly.

2 Likes

Apparently there us a lot of “trickle down” from recent and more expensive Naim products , Graham 55 loved the combo of LP12 /Nait 50/and his Falcon speakers .

It has enabled me to cut back on box and weight issues .

2 Likes

Final Hi-Jack comment on this thread I promise.
I must admit Ian, it was love at first listen for me all those months ago, when I heard the 50 coupled to an ND5 XS2 and a pair of PMC Prodigy 1’s.
I seriously considered it for the bedroom instead of the MuSo, but just couldn’t justify it.
I consider 202/200 to Nait 50 more of a sideways move than a step down, as the 202/200 system had been stripped back to barest essentials to fit Mrs Q’s requirements. However, with the Stageline & Headline/PSC, it was always too many boxes for her space.
We shall have to see how the numbers fall next week :thinking: :wink:

3 Likes

Have swapped around the running order and reintroduced the Densen B-300 power amp to join B100 integrated and bi-amp the Kef R3 metas and just joined by Wiim Ultra.

Also swapped Densen B400 Plus CD player down in stacking order, they have small felt discs separating its feet from the amp.

Kefs are loving the bi-amp arrangement and the Wiim Ultra is a very good bit of kit, lovely solid sound to it.

Technics now on the LS50 metas and kc-62’s firing across the cabin for sitting down music, lovely soundstage and dynamics on that system.

Big tidy up on cables behind.

13 Likes