Show us your camera

Duh :roll_eyes: if i had managed to look further back that would have been obvious :joy: Too focused on the Allen head screw!

1 Like

I always shoot in raw and jpg, jpg for quick viewing, raw because it preserves all data unlike jpg, and can allow any amount of tweaking. Raw I then use for any I want to display or archive. I don’t use any 'in-camera arty effects, but if I did I would certainly only apply to jpg, keeping raw for any subsequent decision to present in a different manner.

1 Like

As per A-Fin’s reply. Here’s a picture of the back.

6 Likes

Yes, it’s a Q.

2 Likes

Thumb grip. Makes the grip so much more secure in my hands.

2 Likes

Thank you. That makes perfect sense now!

1 Like

Thanks, that is exactly what it looked like and the image I wanted , it really evokes an awful lot of memories

best wishes

Ian
PS I don’t have Photoshop or Lightroom , about the only editing I do is cropping

1 Like

You do realise you have ruined his excuse for another holiday now don’t you?:rofl:

3 Likes

Not a chance , but thanks for your concern .

I discovered the error in Valletta and managed to get the setting right for the final few shots

Velvia mode (love those greens)

2 Likes

Photoshop Elements might be all you need. It is for me, for many years now. I have just upgraded to version 12, from v9, via v10… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ian,
Lightroom is a pretty important processing tool, that you would find very useful. Not just for cropping, but for exposure, sharpness and perspective (to name just a few).
For instance, (forgive me for playing around a bit with your photo)…

4 Likes

Abode Lightroom is part of the Creative Cloud and has to be ‘rented’ via a subscription. Same for Photoshop. Stop paying and - poof - they are gone (AFAIK).

PSE on the other hand you just buy. My copy of Version 12 cost me £26 on eBay (plus postage).

Installing PSE was never particularly hard, but V12 was an absolute breeze. Adobe found my existing account, linked it all - bang - installed, registered, done.

Personally (and YMMV…) PSE is all I need.

2 Likes

Ian
I don’t have experience of PSE and don’t know what it can do. I thought it was rather a ‘creative’ tool rather than a photo editing tool. If it’s all you need, then good for you :+1:

I just wanted to show what is possible with Lightroom.

I use the old Lightroom 5, which was a one-off purchase. It has all I need and I don’t feel the need to upgrade to Lightroom’s new monthly payment system, which is, to be honest, a kick in the teeth to pure amateurs like me.

2 Likes

Reminds me of somewhere !!!

3 Likes

Thank you, at the moment I have internet problems - so am going to fibre optic next month , the pictures I am uploading are at very low resolution , so little can be done at the moment

Yes but look at what you can do in Photoshop. Top; Ian, middle: Wugged, bottom: mine. Not only no loss of image, but more.

1 Like

I would point out that the updates in LR over the past year or so have improved it beyond measure imo.

3 Likes

Very impressed - many thanks

Ian

Is from 2013 - as is PSE V12. But I am not sure if its possible to still buy LR 5…?

You certainly can buy - and sell - versions of PSE, easily.

There are also various free programmes - such as GIMP and Darktable. I have zero knowledge or experience with these.

Bought one of these for my son for Xmas.

My daughter has an earlier Instax which they both use and I print from a wide and a square Instax printer for occasional projects, so we’ve all been quite creative with them over the years. I like this one as you have the option to save and/or send rather than having to print at the time and it’s rather handsome. Looking forward to giving it a go. I mean him giving it a go…

10 Likes