Show us your Christmas Trees!

From Luleå,.northern Sweden.

:small_blue_diamond:Must show you this spring-winter picture.

From my neighbour-town Luleå,.40 km away. This is from the Southern Harbour,.300 meters from the city centre.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Serving us faithfully since 2005, our terrible, mis-shapen Woolworths fibre optic Christmas tree. So bad we kept it and now we love it! :rofl:

8 Likes

Emsworth once had a thriving oyster industry, until the Dean of Winchester died after eating contaminated Emsworth oysters in 1902. There is still a modest amount of fishing and a few years ago a Christmas tree made from lobster pots was introduced. It sits on the Quay and has become really quite popular.

4 Likes

Nice. Have a look at the Ullapool ‘creel tree’. It’s really beautiful.

G

2 Likes

That’s beautiful, and what a great setting on the shore. It’s very similar to ours but of course bigger. I think this is our third year. Maybe the idea came from ours, though it seems unlikely.

1 Like

Working thru the Indiana Jones movies with our 10 year old son, this week was Last Crusade. Love a film night with the tree up and logs on the fire

5 Likes

Modern metal tree on landing with 1960s Woolies decorations, and a real tree in the lounge downstairs.

2 Likes

Apologies for sideways - have tried rotating original to counter this but that doesn’t work… not had this problem before

2 Likes

There you go.

4 Likes

Ta :sunglasses:

Here’s ours, seems so odd for us with the whole thing based on snow, log fires, eggnogs etc when it’s 40c outside and the kids are in the pool.

3 Likes

Was in the city on Monday, the tree in the Queen Victoria Building is 26m tall and goes through 3 floors. Apparently it’s the tallest Christmas tree in Sydney.

3 Likes

Chilling out on the headphones with an ale :+1:

7 Likes

Not mine, but a very imaginative and pretty effort using lobster creels, from the folks up in Ullapool.

Mind you, the Beeb states " the latest version of a Ullapool tradition dating back to 2016."

a tradition? / 2016? … So, this will be the third year they’ve done it … get a grip, Auntie. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

me too

4th year Dave (apologies for the pedantry).

1 Like

Yer right, mate … this’ll be year four … coontin’ wis nivir ma’ strong suit … hardly a “tradition”, but. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’re going to put your tree up in January?

That’s keen.

Pagans

My

4 Likes