Show us your flowers πŸ’

A field of scarlet pimpernels

1 Like

I don’t do gardening, but put a camera in my hand and leave me in the Cambridge University Botanic Garden…

3 Likes

Who is
Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 08.17.13?

One of the first shots with my new Fuji

5 Likes

Nice photos, flower photography isn’t as easy …

1 Like

Thank you.

I doubt I’ll ever getting into clamps, macro, image stacking etc, so to me it’s just a different type of photography. My 70-200mm keeps me a reasonable distance away and hopefully not crouching or kneeling.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

My 70-200mm keeps me a reasonable distance away and hopefully not crouching or kneeling.
[/quote]

I’m being sneaky . Some veg will be grown in this , some flowers . The flowers for pollinator photography will require no bending down etc

1 Like

On my Angelica yesterday

2 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful ophrys apifera orchid laughing as it mimics a female solitary bee to be pollinated.

6 Likes

super photo

1 Like

My wife insists on trying to grow peonies despite the fact that they never flower in our cool, damp climate. This year’s prolonged spell of sunshine has finally produced this 6” flower.

5 Likes

Alliums are a favourite to photograph , simply because of the symmetry

3 Likes

6 Likes

Milau?

1 Like

Bought a paeonia called moonrise. The flowers are absolutely huge and beautifully subtle. It’s another case of photos not doing a plant justice. I paid a really high price for this and wonder if I was ripped off, but that was my decision. I have the philosophy that if I see a very special thing, buy it, as I probably won’t see it again. I have Googled it and it’s not particularly easy to source.

8 Likes

The garden :innocent:

5 Likes

Centaurea pulchra major. Really odd plant to me. With it’s gold bracts, Ive never seen anything like it. They are literally gold, not cream or beige. See-through gold.

3 Likes