These are just up the road from me, very pleased with this photo

10 Likes

What a lovely, happy photo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I thought

1 Like

Agreed it just says sunshine.

1 Like

The focus is purely on the flower in the middle, but I used a macro lens and it shows up the wonderful pattern in the middle.

I have sent it to my printers for a 16" by 9" Giclee , (Fuji 80mm macro , 1 /480th second ISO 320, Velvia setting)

As you say, it just screams summer

6 Likes

Not my garden , but growing wild by the same verge that had the Ox Eye Daisies and Cornflowers I posted a couple of days ago
DSCF1198

I’ll go back at some point and try and find a flower on the fringes and try and isolate it at F2.8 so it will be pink with a pink background

I’m quite chuffed with this one, taken on my walk around the fields surrounding the village this evening

6 Likes

First Dahlia of the year - Carole’s Spanish Dancer.

3 Likes

Kniphofia from my garden, the bees love them

Loving my new Fuji

2 Likes

From 1st August last year

3 Likes

Clematis Prince George flourishing this year. We have several clematis of different varieties, most are growing vigorously but with very few blooms, while a couple have suffered from the dreaded β€˜clematis wilt’. Most disappointing has been our 20 year old Montana. This is normally a huge mass of blooms, but this year nothing, just a mass of (nearly) dead stems and shoots. I can only put it down to the weather, early spring deluge followed by near drought. I would be interested to hear how others have been doing with the clematis.

5 Likes

Wildflowers outside the office…

13 Likes

So Salisbury has a problem with hanging baskets and floral displays, apparently.

Minerva rose looking good.

5 Likes

β€˜Boscobel’ roses grown in a pot in my backyard.

A beautiful David Austin rose - wonderful combination of colour, scent and shape.

4 Likes

Here are our hydreangea

4 Likes

Unfortunately we are also plagued by popilia japonica. We have placed these feromone traps

Ed

1 Like

Here are also some gardenia bushes

2 Likes