Show us your guitars!

Just had an email from Fender and this looks like a beauty.

3 Likes

I was just looking at the same link from the same email. Lusted and ran away.

2 Likes

Here are my 7 string Sei basses (no longer with me) custom built to my specs. :innocent:

9 Likes

Stunning

1 Like

Here are all “the kids” - this will be the most it will ever be for me (and certainly more than I need); I have 2 up for sale, and more will follow, so I thought I’d take a pic to commemorate “peak guitar.”

18 Likes

You’ve got it bad, that’s for sure.

If you could only keep, say, three guitars, which would you choose (aside from the T-5, of course)?

1 Like

:astonished: :roll_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

And I worry if having 8 guitars is too many…!!
(6 electrics, 1 acoustic, 1 bass)

1 Like

You can never have too many guitars.:grinning:

3 Likes

Don’t forget that the ideal number of guitars follows the formula n+1, where n is the number of guitars you currently own :wink:

4 Likes

Not very good at glamour shots but here are a few snaps of the old girls

1973 Guild F40

1986 Fender AV62

1990 ES335

2006 Custom shop Strat '66 relic and a PV64 Tele which I think is from 2014…

1990 J45

1976 LP Deluxe

The Birth year Guild or the black strat is the one I would save from fire if I had to choose…

14 Likes

Nice haul @DrMark That’s a lot of strings to keep changing!
I peaked at around 15 a while back. I’m down to 8 now. I could still lose a couple perhaps :thinking:

1 Like

They all look lovely, especially the Guild and the Black Strat. What does AV mean ref the latter?

1 Like

American Vintage…?

its the model - American Vintage 62 - these were the first reissues that Fender made originally out of the Fullerton factory before they moved to Corona, they did two, a 1962 (rosewood board) and a 1957 (Maple board). they became the AVRI’s with later revisions. Colloquially known as Fullerton Strats and have a body shape that’s unique to them and the first return to a nitro finish and are the origin of the 57/62 pickups, they only made them in 1982 and 83 and again in 1986 in corona for a year to use up the leftover parts when Fullerton closed after CBS sold to FMIC. One of David Gilmours main strats (the red one) was one of these. I’ve had maybe dozen strats from Standards to customs shops and this is hands down the best.

1 Like

I have actually considered that very question - the T5 is the “Swiss Army Knife,” so I would keep that, the Martin OM would be the one acoustic (with the Collings a close second), I’d keep one of the 2 concert classical guitars, and then the “problem” is trying to only have 1 electric…maybe the Harrison Tele that I built, but then there are others that are more versatile, so I am not sure.

2 Likes

I would want to convert that LP Deluxe into a Townshend 3-pickup configuration, complete with a number “5” decal!

It would take routing skills I don’t have, though.

What’s the story behind the graphics?

It’s to celebrate the 30th. anniversary of the issue of Primal Scream’s “Screamadelica” album, and is the artwork from the cover of the album.

51HNPi8xP+L.AC

1 Like

Cool.

1 Like

Just stumbled across this thread…
Here’s some of my girls. Since I took that picture I’ve bought an 83 dot ES335, a 1982 Ibanez George Benson and a PRS Silver Sky (US mode)l which I will be flogging off soon. In all I have (at the last count 26 guitars) but am going to have to pare the collection down if I want to keep the missus happy!

10 Likes