Show us your guitars!

That‘s disgraceful :joy:

1 Like

Well, good - if we don’t count the balalaika, I am not the worst offender!

1 Like

:joy:

It‘s certainly a good reference point for discussing further purchases with one‘s other half :smiley:

One of 2 fleas

4 Likes

I bought this IYV IJZ-300 TSB guitar on Amazon. I don’t play anymore, but I wanted another guitar in my room as a decoration. For 269$ Canadian dollars, it is well worth it. It looks great!

2 Likes

My current project - its a Tele which wants to be a Strat… :astonished:

A very cheap body - Squier made in China (CY) - its a 5 piece…!!

I just bought a Neck for it… Again, Squier CY.

1 Like

Please show us progress pics!

1 Like

On my Tele-Strat…? OK, there may be a initial build once I get the neck, before I start doing the finishing…

(Plan currently is to stain it Butterscotch and fit a Black Pickguard.)

Here’s one with its Bridge fitted:
(this is before it was fully sanded back)

It was not drilled for through stringing, but it is now…!!

(the whole point was/is to re-use a set of Tele Pups that I removed from a previous project.)

1 Like

@DrMark - This is the neck I just bought, for my Tele-strat project. Will probably need a bit of fettling. No prob…!

Must get a Neck Plate for it…!!

2 Likes

Is that an arm bevel on the body?

1 Like

Oh yes. And there is a carve on the back. All work done with just hand tools.

1 Like

Update - !!

My Telecaster neck arrived earlier. I have already level;led & polished the Frets.

Trial fit in body satis. Waiting on the Neck Plate, before a trial build… :grin:

It’s always cool the first time you put them together, and it looks like a guitar, even though you’ll likely pull it back apart to work on it.

What finish will you do on the body? I have never done finishing of any sort…especially painting would seem extra challenging.

That’s the plan. It will go together as an Esquire - without a neck pickup (as no Pickguard has been bought). I will then sort out getting it fully working, before stripping it down again, to start finishing.

My first project was done using proper Nitro paint & clear coat. Rather expensive. But looked good. Overall, didn’t work well, so was parted out & sold. It was a Tele - and its pups are going into this new one. Have not done any real finishing since then - bar re-doing the clear coat on a Strat that I stripped of its Grey refinish only to find its original Sunbusrt underneath. I kept it.

I plan to stain this Tele body - Stains seem to be a lot cheaper than paint. I may then Oil it. Will see how it looks… :expressionless:

But … first - the trial build…!!

1 Like

A chamfer you mean?

Yes: I’ve seen it called both in guitar specs. For example, Taylor refers to it as a “beveled armrest.”

2 Likes

The ‘scoop’ on the back of Fender Strats, is sometimes referred to as a ‘Belly Carve’ :astonished:

Regrettably, a feature that was custom-made for me in my current form…

1 Like

I agree - and sympathise… :thinking:

This is why my current project has been re-shaped as it is - to a more Strat like shape.