Show us your guitars!

Looks impressive and a nice job. For me I would have the cabinets made to be stood vertical, rather horizontal. But hey, horizontal does the job nicely.

Richard

You’re right about the bridge and modern saddles. The guitar has been modified in many ways over the years. (It had a leather pick-guard on it at the time the BTR cover was shot.)

I’m with you on this. I would not pay for a pre-damaged guitar, but love the way a well-used guitar will carry evidence of it’s true history.

1 Like

Same here - if you want a guitar that looks like that, then do it the honest way and play the living hell out of it - bonus outcome: improved chops.

2 Likes

My 2008 R9 in Sunrise Teaburst.

16 Likes

That’s a lovely looking Les Paul. :+1:

1 Like

Very pretty geetarr Toon. Hope it sounds as good too.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s fitted with these pups too. I play it through a JCM800 and it roars like a lion.

1 Like

Here’s a sample….

9 Likes

Nice tone :grin:

Nice, Tea bursts are one of my favorite finishes along with dirty lemon.

I think that my ‘L5’ is finished in Kentucky Bourbon, if that is a real finish, my memory isn’t what it once was! (it’s what they had in store), Its more like a mid brown than the ever popular cherry.

7 Likes

Nice. But nothing without P90s :star_struck:

I’m waiting for someone to bring out a replica of J J Cale’s guitar.

2 Likes

Certainly not as per the original but I’m guessing most LPs are fitted with humbuckers?

Yes but not the best ones…

6 Likes

I agree that P90s offer a really gorgeous tone, but you can’t beat genuine PAF humbuckers for all round versatility (IMHO).

3 Likes

:0)

Well, since retiring 9 years ago I have been on a bit of a guitar journey. Buying various electric and acoustic guitars to really find out what I like. I have now sold my Player series Tele and Strat, my Sigma D28 and Taylor 150 12 string. The focus is on fewer guitars but high quality. So my final selection is a Martin D41, Taylor 414ce R and a Fender Ultra Tele.

The replacement to my 150 has just arrived and is coming up to room temperature before I give it a bash. It’s a Taylor 352 12 string and is super addition to my modest final collection of just four.

15 Likes

This is Guitar related - about Pickups and their differences. Its from PRS - the Man himself.

I am not posting a direct link, because… rules.

Search for - ’ Paul Reed Smith Explains PRS Pickup Design’ - on You Tube.

The irony is I think their pickups are the weakest part of their product. (Not saying they are weak, just not as good as the rest of their product, at least to my ears.) Felt the same about my Custom 24 - pups were good, not great.

I have bought a pair of Dimarzio Freds for my PRS Artist V, just haven’t gotten around to replacing them. I will keep the originals to reinstall if I ever want to sell it.