Show us your guitars!

Yeah, how Ralph Macchio didn’t make the list is absurd! ;-p

3 Likes

And Guthrie Govan? John Etheridge? Andrès Segovia? Francis Dunnery? The list goes on.

4 Likes

Julian Bream? I don’t recall seeing Joe Pass either - or dozens of other jazz greats.

1 Like

I didn’t read past 100 but I doubt Matteo Mancuso was included. Another plug for the most exciting young guitarist I’ve heard in a long while

2 Likes

Here you go :grinning:

4 Likes

Brilliant.

2 Likes

I saw this in Waterstones today. There is a lot of detail. But at £45 it might be a Christmas present.

3 Likes

Yeah, Chrissie doesn’t really belong on this list. Much as I love her. She’d feature on a list of “Artists who also play guitar”.

2 Likes

Ha ha, just read that. So, they omitted Alan Holdsworth as well?!

Seriously, why should we care what Rolling Stone says, it’s not like they’re guitarists, they’re journalists. Now if they were ranking top 250 music journalists of all time, I’d expect a credible list.

Err… they did get No 1 right, however, which is more than can be said for Guitar World

I think “journalists” stretches credulity.

" Most rock journalism is people who can’t write, interviewing people who can’t talk, for people who can’t read." - Frank Zappa

3 Likes

Today, I traded my PRS (as shown above) even up for this:

A 2017 Taylor T5z custom shop with a cocobolo top that was used in the 2017 Taylor Road Show.

12 Likes

Lovely. That lighter stripe gives it an arch top kind of vibe. Very sweet.

Super. When I was 15 or so this was my dream guitar.

1 Like

Enjoy…

Like Rick, the second I saw Andy Summers was 250, I was like, “OK, this is gonna be some bullshit…”

5 Likes

I’m at the London guitar show today. It is amazing. They have the most famous Les Paul in the UK here - Bernie Marsden’s 1959 nicknamed “The Beast”. Probably worth £1m - £1.5m
I made a donation to have my photo taken with it. I can’t believe it. Such an iconic instrument. It has been played by Page, Slash, Bonamassa, Mick Taylor, Peter Green, BB King, etc…….and now me.:rofl:

25 Likes

Cool!!!

How did it feal and play?
How did you sound?

Richard

1 Like

It was an amazing experience- it wasn’t plugged in (otherwise the first player of the day would still be playing it!!!)……even acoustically you could feel the resonance and get a hint of its sustain. A truly memorable 5 minutes

4 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like