Show us your guitars!

Paul Davids has a good video about his visit there.

1 Like

Score!

1 Like

It’s a fantastic store. We had a sneak preview on 14 Feb

6 Likes

They also have some Naim products being used for back ground music.

I have walked by the Gibson store on Denmark Street in London but never went in. For a long time they were building out the store and inventory but it seems that may be all sorted now. I usually walk down Denmark Street to window shop every time I am in London. It’s a nice place to see a lot of guitars within a couple of hundred feet of each other but the prices are very high.

The new Gibson Garage is at 61-62 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8NQ

Thanks Andy. There is what appears to be an exclusive Gibson shop on Denmark St which it looks like I am mixing up with the Garage unless it moved. I’ll be back in London in the fall and will have to visit!

1 Like

In the midst of rearranging my inventory and pulling cash out of my guitars (with more to come), there has been 1 acquisition to replace the soon-to-be-departed Taylor GS-mini.

Bedell Coffee House Parlor guitar; small body, 12 frets to the body, 25" scale length, K&K Pure Mini pickup system Adirondak spruce top, EI rosewood B&S, & Koa binding; fun as heck to play and unreal how much sound this little guy puts out.

11 Likes
4 Likes

My friend had the Epiphone version of that - weighed a ton and was a pretty impractical instrument unless you were gigging and needed it.

1 Like

Here’s my bog standard LP Trad - the much criticised 2015 model. Very sadly I may have to sell as Osteoarthritis is making playing rather painful!

9 Likes

That looks like a beautiful guitar @DrMark.
I’m also looking to add a small body acoustic to my fleet, which, like yours, has been culled from 15 guitars at peak (electric and acoustic) to just 8 now.
I’m pretty sure I want a Mahogany body and either O or OO sized. Tried a Martin OO-18, Gibson L-00 and a Guild all Mahogany OO size. All very nice, but none an instant must buy. The search continues and should be fun!

1 Like

@KJC If you get a chance try one of these:

2 Likes

Look into Collings, Bedell, Bourgeois, among others…

1 Like

A Barn Find LP Junior…
What else do you need…? If it sounds like this…

2 Likes

Here is my trusted battery driven portable amp for out’n’about, sounds good and surprisingly versatile

2 Likes

Watched an in-flight video recently of a Bon Jovi concert at Madison Sq Gardens. Don’t recall the date of the concert but Sambora was playing and they were well aged. Sambora played a number or two with a double neck (6/6) telecaster and an acoustic (12/6) Taylor.

1 Like

7 Likes

London Gibson Garage… I presume… :thinking: