Show us your headphones

As said in the other thread - no need to apologise. Just wasn’t sure… :slight_smile:

(Hadn’t realised that thread had gone!)

I’ve been listening to the LCD3 a lot in the past few days. Their sense of space is beguiling…recommend hearing if you can find a gently used pair (both mine were, so I was lucky).

Must find my 701s…I used to adore those.

2 Likes

Headphones

B&W P5 and PX wireless as well as my Sennheiser HD800S. Also showing my Pioneer PMP and Chord Mojo DAC/amp. The PX get the most use during dog walking for catching up with podcasts and music listening.

Unfortunately, I don’t use my Sennheisers very much - such a shame as they are very good, but need a good source and my Naim 500 system doesn’t have a headphone amp.

Captured in the background are my new Klipsch R-41PM active speakers on my PC (USB driven). Sound so much better than my old Logitech Z-10 speakers which gave up the ghost in January!

George.

6 Likes

My on the goes. Noble audio Encore custom IEMs with new DAP iBasso DX220 with AMP 8 which I am putting against a HibyR6 PRO I also picked up recently. Really enjoying this combo.

7 Likes

Classic Pioneer SE100, only get occasional use in the spare room. Others Oppo PM3, Grado SR60 and Sennheiser HD330, used according to indoors or out.

9 Likes

Already posted above my Senn HD800 which sit in my main system and are rarely used as I can generally make as much noise as I want at home without causing issue.

These phones get much more use - the B&W PX7 which I am using a lot connected to my phone out and about and the sound is really very good. Then the Audeze LCD1 used occasionally in my office system.

And then Etymotic HF3 - superb sounding in ears that I carry everywhere with me.

6 Likes

Oh, Bob, that’s a really great looking energiser - electrostatic? That would fit in very nicely with my early '70s Pioneer system…

2 Likes

Yes, classy, and still sound good, not sure when I bought them, probably around 1974. One day I’ll get round to renewing the ear cushions. I use them with an Akai AA1010 receiver about the same age.

Interesting… Any pics Richard ?

Kept me sane during hours of flying.

4 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of headphones, and the only ones I use these days are Bose quietcomfort 25 headphones for noise cancellation on journeys - and I guess I won’t be using these for some time either.

However I do have a pair of these sitting in their box in a cupboard somewhere:

They are a vintage pair of Micro Seiki MS-2; MP-1 electrostatic headphones that I bought new back in the early 70s I think. They were one of the few rivals to the Stax electrostatic headphones of their day. I suspect that they will long since have perished, but I may look them out at some point just out of curiosity. They did sound very good indeed in their day.

8 Likes

Pioneer describe them as electret, the energiser is not powered, so I assume not electrostatic.

1 Like

My HD800 cans. Used with an Auralic Taurus II amp. Would really like an EAR HP 4 amp to drive them.

3 Likes

Sennheiser hd800s and grado sr325e
Just need an amp how to run them, as just fold my headline, not sure what to go for yet, but it needs to work well with the senns

2 Likes

They’re in storage at the moment but here are some pics of the amp and tuner I took a little while back;

There’s an SA-8100 and TX-8100 amp and tuner, along with a CT-F7171 Cassette Deck in need of new belts and a PL-61 component turntable. There’s also an SX-737 receiver.

19 Likes

This is a very nice vintage Pioneer system :ok_hand:

Love the classic kit. Nice collection there Richard.

Thanks, although I guess it’s going a bit off topic. I do like the old red label Pioneer kit. I even had a Pioneer valve amp for a while but sold it a few years back.

1 Like

Occasional listening and a hifi bargain.

12 Likes

Wish i was “Standing on a Beach”… :wink:
Lovely Piece of Kit and Nice Taste.

2 Likes

Sennheiser HD650’s … very comfortable, great detail … I use them with a Schiit Lyr 2 tube headphone amp … nice pairing

6 Likes