Show us your headphones

Me?

Yes, While not the most relaxing headphones, I find a lot to like with Grados. However I currently don’t have any. Well, except for my Nakamichi SP-7s, which use the same drivers as Grados…

Just loving these at the mo…through the headline/HC.
Got these as they are closed but migh splash out on some Focal Clear MDs or HD 800s. Need to dem them first tho.

9 Likes

Dear all,

Please provide me with some advice. I have recently purchased the Sivga SV021 and I would like to replace the stock cable with a longer one, ideally of better quality as well. I am using these headphones with my Atom HE and I would like to purchase a cable of at least 3 meters, which would need 2 times 2.5mm plugs on the headphone side.

What cable brands should I look into? I have trouble finding any cable that would fit. I am looking to spend 100 Euro maximum.

Thanks!

BR,
Richard

Custom Cans might be your best option with those constraints? They are very helpful, and good value.

Bruce

3 Likes

Have a look at OIDIO.
They might have something….

Forza, Lavricables and Norne are other options depending on how much you want to spend. Forza probably give a good balance of quality without going to crazy although the others are very nice.

1 Like

Another recommendation for Custom Cable who are very reasonable and, as the name suggests, will customise to your needs.

1 Like

ChrisCables on Marktplaats is good / reliable, gets back to messages etc …

1 Like

Mmm, silly me bought a pair of Oppo PM2 headphones just before they pulled the pin on their hi fi market. Paid just under $1000 for a pair of headphones I now can’t get parts for without going through dodgy eBay sellers.

Spend the whole day yesterday with this amazing combination:

And of course: what a fantastic record from Christian McBride - Live at the Village Vanguard… :star_struck:

atb, Tom

6 Likes

Ouch, and what’s really bad is that Opposite advertise all over Indian cricket, they just pulled the plug on their markets and products. Their products being reasonably expensive and very much liked .

I don’t know what equipment this is. Looks nice though!

Cool to see so much variety👌

Here’s a pic of my old faithful work desk setup. Denon AH-D5000, Little Dot MKII tube amp with some sovient era tubes

9 Likes

Turntable is Bauer Audio DPS3 with Tonearm and vdH Colibri XGP pickup. Phono-Pre is AudioSpecials Phonolab Pro. Headphone amp is AudioValve Solaris (all three are german manufactures).
Headphone is Hifiman Shangri La Jr.

atb, Tom

1 Like

Sony Bluetooth mdr-xb950BT for sitting in the garden

Sennheiser hd545 reference from 1991 still sound great ,
foam bits replaced a few times over the years

7 Likes

On loan from dealer but very likely to be a keeper - works beautifully with my Beyerdynamic T5 v3

9 Likes

It’s either HD820 or the Focal Clear MG/Stellia. These won by quite a way for me.

19 Likes

I’m thinking of powering my headphones (HiFiMan Susvara) from my power amps (2 x NAP135 fed by 52/52PS) and was wondering if anyone here has tried Naim power amps using the HiFiMan HE-Adapter?

The HE Adapter looks like a sort of “Can Opener” device. The main potential issue here will be stability of the amps - i.e. providing the right combination of moderately high inductance and low capacitance to the NAP135s.

On that basis I would personally avoid using any kind of adapter off any Naim amp and rather use a dedicated headphone amplifier instead.

The beyerdynamic A20 stayed and I enjoy listening through it a lot