Show us your headphones

my sf prymas gold piano black finish these year im taking them on flight to Athens Greece and med cruise like they are smaller than my celestees

7 Likes

I’ve been through a fair share of headphones. Too many to list but I thought l’d share a few favourites.

11 Likes

Focal Elegia - balanced soft braided cable and Audirvāna EQ settings to suit headphones. This last bit is crucial as it stops these otherwise decent headphones sounding like the music is stuck inside your head!

8 Likes

I’d like to hear the Abyss…why the white gloves?

The abyss 1266 TC were my second favourite headphones out of all the ones I’ve owned.

That photo was taken when I was packaging them away to sell them hence the white gloves. lol.

4 Likes

Hi @BrendanD I play with the exact same combo, including the cable I think. Do you mind sharing the EQ settings? Thanks, Richard

Hi
I got them from autoeq

2 Likes

Sorry for the interruption @BrendanD, but did you ever register the NPX300?

not yet. I’ve been busy

Excellent site. Thank you so much for brining that one to my attention!

1 Like

I use an Audioquest Carbon USB2USB with the Bathys. Very nice headphones in my opinion.

Audio Technica Quincy Jones ….
IMG_8516

2 Likes

Audio Technica ?
AKG :wink:

1 Like

Yes!……too much vino when I posted !

1 Like

Treated myself to these Sennheiser HD 660S2 a couple of weeks ago. I was so disappointed upon trying them out for the first time though. Sounded very underwhelming, not to mention my head felt like it was in a vice. So these have now gone back, and instead of buying blind im going to wait till I can get to my local dealer to try-on/listen before purchasing another pair.

8 Likes

Headphones can take a while to “break in” but the right Balance of sound and comfort is king.

I’m not a big headphone user as I find it a little bit of a restrictive experience but do have a pair for when volumes are not allowed!

I found the HiFi man range fitted the bill and ended up with the XS edition with a deal on Amazon.

I did try more expensive ones but was never wowed Senheiser hd800, focal and meze _ beautiful looking cans but they didn’t do enough for me at their price point

Gary

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into the HiFiman man range on Amazon :+1:… I would have given the pair I had more time to run in had they not been so uncomfortable. Truth is my B&O H9i wireless headphones sounded better though…

@Jonboy377

Hifiman Ananda are very, very good for the money. I loved mine and only recently replaced to go up the range.

Hifiman reduced Ananda’s price a little while ago…

1 Like

i found the same with the 660’s too so sold them and bought some meze classics … really comfy and nice to listen too

3 Likes

As @Farthings-cat mentioned, headphones, like speakers, can take time to run in.

As soon as I buy a new pair I let them run in by connecting them to the amp and letting music play through them 24/7 for a few days and check in on them every now and again. Some dynamic drivers made from Biocellulose can easily take 200hrs or more before performing as intended. The material needs to flex and soften up a touch. There was quite a difference from the Atrium Closed new and unused and the 200hr mark. Big changes to sub bass and highs.

If you run them 24/7, you can still get past the run in period and still have time to return them within a 14 day cooling off period. The only thing you’ll learn in the first 10 hrs or so is whether the fit will cause you problems.

If you have to buy online then having a reviewer that has similar tastes to you, or, you read a lot of reviews from people who have a headphone you already have can help make online purchases easier but, it will never tell you about fit. You can get a good idea from feedback if there is a comfort problem but going in store is the best way, you’ll also hear the headphones at their best after they’ve been ran in.

Anyway, good luck with your next pair, headphones are one of the harder things to buy, not only do you have to like the sound, they must be comfortable if you’re to use them over many hours!

6 Likes