Show us your Neats!

Neat and Naim, they just work! :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Ooh, where did you see them?

They do just that, it’s as close to “live” I’ve got. Think they’ll last me 26 years like my old Royds or that that they’ll have to remove them from my cold sweaty hands.

Have Neat announced they will be manufacturing the elites again Stephen?

Kind of makes sense following on from the Petite Classics

1 Like

Apart from the Neat Ultimatum XL6’s which I previously had Argyle , these XLS’s are the best speaker I have owned

Absolute crackers they are :+1:

1 Like

I had to visit the factory a few years ago for a repair to my previous Neats, and it was clear from the demo room setup that Naim kit featured prominently in speaker development.

A couple of years ago, I home demoed active ATCs against my MF9s, and though they were fast, agile and accurate speakers, they sounded clinical and uninvolving to these ears.

On my journey through the Neat range over the years, all I hear is music. :musical_note: :notes:

5 Likes

Same here Dave - have had quite a number of their range over the years

Have settled comfortably with the Ultimatum XLS’s and Petite 30 Anniversaries

For Now ha !!!

I suspect an upgrade of the Ultimatum range around the corner

1 Like

I think they have just appeared, my dealer advertising them for £3,250, nice looking speakers, also some information on Hifi Pig.

2 Likes

They are currently at this year’s Bristol Show. I just couldn’t make it there this year. Damn!

1 Like

That’s great to hear glasnaim. Priced nicely too. I’ve been holding out for a new compact 2-way floor-stander for quite sometime now. I have a very good feeling that the new Elites are going to slot right in with my current system. Many thanks :blush:

1 Like

I’ll put money on it that they will fit in perfectly Stephen looking at your gear

Go for it

2 Likes

Heard them yesterday and the Bristol show - lovely open sound. Look fab in white…

3 Likes

Thinking of going for Silent Mount SM7 rather than Gaia’s for my XLS Momentum’s (see picture above) - just because I’m happy with them at the current height. Any thoughts ?

I believe that Neat-founder Bob is a fan of Gaias, though that’s not why I’ll be putting a set on my Xplorers next time I travel down to Tasmania.

I used SM7 under my MFS (OEM MFS stands) and found them very worthwhile. Clearer mids and more solid low frequencies. On a hard (tiled etc) floor, the felt backing is a must. I wish I could find more of it - it’s much thinner than anything I have been able to find and I regret ever pulling it off to confirm my findings!

Never tried Gaia’s so can’t offer a comparison.

1 Like

Noted. I have wood flooring on concrete, so I’d guess it’s 50/50 whether or not to keep the felt on.

It’s more to do with the surface structure. Hard marble or porcelain for example would warrant the felt but it shouldn’t be necessary with a wooden floor. You could try anyway (might offer some additional protection against scratches) but I would recommend just putting the felt in place without removing the adhesive backing at first because once its on, its on; its too thin to remove and save for another day.

1 Like

Yes, I spoke to Neat about using them on my XL10s and they were in favour, so I have them on order with the required threads

Some nice pictures of the new Elite Classics in white in the HiFi Pig review of the Bristol show and a brief interview with Bob on the thinking behind the new speaker they are twin ported apparently one to the bottom onto the fixed plinth and one to the rear, they do look very nice in white and are very compact size wise if they sound as good as they look they might make for a very interesting addition to the Neat range.

11 Likes

How would they compare to Xplorers and Orkestras?

1 Like