Show us your Sondek

:+1: thought I’d seen every picture of the Javelin, but that’s a new one on me.
Do hope Roger is well and doing ok.

1 Like

nice system anyway @Blackstar could imagine that Mr. Bowie sings in your living room :+1:

He certainly does. Seen him 13 times, front row (or bent over stage) four of those. Still miss him.

4 Likes

LP12 Highland Park 40th anniversary Klimax playing Cassandra Wilson “ New Moon Daughter”

What an album that is :+1::+1:

15 Likes

I have always wondered if there is even the slightest ‘whisky cask’ aroma from those Highland Park plinths?

Were they an official Linn release, or from a resourceful independent supplier?

(Not that I will ever change my Solid Sounds Wenge plinth - I’ve invested too much of my own time ‘feeding’ the wood with lemon oil!)

No aroma I can assure you Graham :grinning:

Yes an official release from Linn , they partnered with Highland Park to produce the plinth out of one barrel evidently.

Only 40 Linns made for their 40th anniversary. The plinth is rock solid and dense with a few nobbly dark stains here and there and with a special label on the rear of plinth. Came with a 40 year old highland park whiskey bottle which has long gone👍. Two of the 40 made it here in Australia, my dealer has the other one in his demo room.

Certainly would not change your Wenge plinth that’s for sure, it’s a beauty :+1:

2 Likes

There’s another one in the demo room at the Linn factory which we listened to with their active 50th anniversary speakers at a recent factory tour. They were adamant it did have a whisky aroma when new! None evident 10 years later that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I wonder if the 50th anniversary will come with a bottle of Highland Park 50 year old?..…it’s a snip at £23,250 a bottle!!!

1 Like

That is grotesque

1 Like

They are tied in with THE MACALLAN whisky this time.
This 50 year old is 70,000. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Very nice !

whiskey = WHISKY !

1 Like

Only down under Ian ha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Do you want to tell them the sorry tale of Nant whisky? You wouldn’t want your LP12 to vanish that way…

1 Like

Tell me about it Nick

Never tried it - rubbish perhaps ??

Like a few other Tasmanian whiskies, it was very good indeed.

If you have ever seen the film ‘The Producers’, you may be able to guess what went wrong. I am no legal expert and only know what has been published, but the problem seems simple. No matter how good a barrel of whisky is going to be, it is probably best to sell it only once. I am not sure that in this case this principle was remembered.

1 Like

Is that with a free turntable and pair of speakers thrown in? :joy:

2 Likes

And what a TT to play it on

1 Like

Very nice indeed!

Originally purchased in 1990 and extensively upgraded over the years…

Currently: Chris Harban wenge plinth, Keel, Karousel, Radikal II, Urika, Ekos S/E and a Troika refurbished by ESC.

The lid and hinges are original!

25 Likes

Nice to see you’re using a rebuilt Troika
How do you like it?