Show us your Sondek

Oh, dear, what a shame - there can hardly be any remaining African tropical hardwoods which are not endangered.

Still, my conscience is fairly clear, as Wenge wasn’t on any UN list when I bought my plinth a couple of years ago. Indeed it was a selling point of Wenge (a wood that I had never heard of before), that it was not endangered.

1 Like

It wasn’t a criticism Graham, and like you I remember being told that Wenge was an environmentally friendly replacement for other woods.

1 Like

Toon thank you for your help. So no evidence of coiled up signal cables here. If my dealer starts coiling up the pick up cables I will tell him to stop! Toon thank you.

The two picture above show a Ittok and an Eks SE/1. Both have a longer headshell than your Ekos SE (or a black Ekos), requiring some carful cartridge wire connector routing. Get the shortest cartridge wires you can and google Peter Swains picture of wire dressing on an Ekos. You have to bend the wire pins (NOT the cartridge pins!) a little to squeeze it all in. With shorter connectors, you shouldn’t need to coil any wires, which doesn’t sound like a good idea.

I remember that too, my guess is the only African hard wood is Eucalyptus. Don’t laugh.

Huge forests in South Africa :south_africa:.

My speakers are Eucalyptus, though I am not sure of which country.

Like so much , it all comes down to governance.

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Evening sunlight…
And a fluted LP12.

22 Likes

Lol…I thought you had a lot of duplicate albums there…and then saw Homes & Gardens.

3 Likes

It’s called “mixed media” :wink:

2 Likes

with Troika !?

2 Likes

No takers, then, for the (completely free of charge) Dynavector cartridge tags?

Cherry 2023 Lp12,Lingo4,Koil

18 Likes

Well, are you pleased with it?

yes, very pleased with it. From a mega p3 it has been a very large jump in everything! just over 170hrs on it now.

2 Likes

Interesting. I went from a P3 in to an LP 12 in 1981 & could not believe the huge difference in SQ at the time. I have never made another single system change that has provided such a noticeable improvement.

Glad you are enjoying yours.

1 Like

Just redecorated dining room, No2 LP 12, Jelco/dynavector /DIY wall shelf. IKEA light I found and buried cables in plaster whilst redecorating last week. Room now all olive….not the amplifiers the walls😆

27 Likes

I just got an ARO that I’ve been after for a long time. Initially I wanted to swap with the Ekos2 on my existing deck.

By the way, my dealer has convinced me to build a second one with some used and new stuff which I agreed because I’m looking for a deck with MM cart to use in the second setup.

It’s end up with this one: maple plinth, lingo 4, ARO Kore (thank you Peter @Cymbiosis to supply this), and Krystal.

I’m really happy with this setup.

38 Likes

That looks amazing😮

2 Likes

Thank you!

Really good, quality components and yes, the old adage about keeping it simple

1 Like

Thank you. Seem like I prefer the LP12/ARO or just enthusiast the new.