Show us your Sondek

It does look like a Rega one yes, certainly the finger grip.

Many devices use this generic knob Ooer. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

What a shame that the arm is too long for the plinth. And you could never put a lid on that LP12 either.

I think your post is meant humourously @anon70766008, but just in case:

It’s just how it looks when photographed from directly(ish) overhead. Try it on your Aro :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was being semi-serious, Stevie - I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me!

Lovely arm, couldn’t be more different from the ARO.

I think it’s the fore shortening effect , loved (or not on cricket matches)

LP12 and Aro geared up for action.

Aro Keel/Karousel/Radikal 2 with Dynavector XX-2 Mk 2

14 Likes

Is that a Dynavector cartridge? And why is the armrest wearing a pink wooly jumper?

Yes - and the ‘wooly jumper’ is rubber heat shrink.

I’ve only just realised that there’s no outward ‘stop’ at all on the armrest for Aro…skidooo would be my worry if I had one. The wrap makes great sense.

1 Like

The arm isn’t too long for the plinth and the lid closes perfectly. Just a parallax perception from a mobile phone photo that isn’t taken from directly overhead and is quite close thereby accentuating the relative position of the arm against the plinth.

I can just imagine the reaction within Linn if someone suddenly realised their top of the range arm wouldn’t correctly fit their LP12.

Maybe this photo gives a truer perspective?

7 Likes

Nice @Toon.

(And I stand corrected - thought it was an overhead shot.)

Thank you - that gives a far better perspective!

One of my hifi buddies bought this complete deck (with Radikal) from the very skilled Peter at Cymbiosis recently. Looking and sounding fabulous and a hell of a lot better on both counts to the Audio Note TT2 that he had before.

21 Likes

Lucky to get an Aro!!

2 Likes

Love the little matching brass bits! Hana M series cartridge?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

And an armlift too, by the look of it. Is that the Audio Technica one (I can’t remember the name), which Peter has adapted?

And the plinth looks almost too good to be a Linn-produced one. I know that Peter is on good terms with Simon Price.

I will have to message my friend to be able to answer the question regarding the plinth. I remember that he referred to the lifter as the Aromatic. Some unfortunate Gent has had to sell the deck. It came with keel for ARO and Karousel but not the Radikal which my friend bought new. When he A/B’d this config against similar but with Ekos he told me that it took him only a few tracks to decide that he preferred the ARO. The keel has tightened up the bass so the ARO works a treat now on this level of LP12. But you know guys know all this. I joked that if my mate didn’t buy it I would. But there was no chance of that :grinning:

2 Likes

The Aromatic was a strange, Heath Robinson-like device that had all sorts of wires and levers working under the armboard. I believe that it was put out of its misery a long time ago, so I’d be surprised if you have one still working in 2023.

1 Like