Show us your Sondek

I will ask him when i message him next. The one I had, and regret selling, had no form of cueing aid but i never had a problem with it.

It’s called The Lifter and is available from Cymbiosis. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Yes head-shell finger-lift rather than an arm lift!!

1 Like

Oh, right, thanks. I seem to recall, now that you mention that, that it’s an Audio Technica device. It certainly looks the business. I’ll ask Peter, when I see him, how easily it can be retro-fitted to a Keel/A subchassis.

My hand is still steady enough to hand cue the ARO easily, but who knows what the future holds.

A non-setting Loctite is best or even a small spot of nail varnish but DONT use superglue as you’ll never be able to unscrew the lever again!!!

1 Like

Now where did I put my nail varnish?!

2 Likes

Thread Locking Fluid

1 Like

Hi
The Audio Technica device was called the Safety Raiser.
This one is unique called The Lifter.
“ * Lift/Lower device specifically designed for the Naim ARO Tone Arm developed by Peter Swain here at Cymbiosis“ :+1:t2:

The Audio Technica is an auto lifter to lift at the end of the record. (Safety Raiser) It operates when arm collides with the trip bar causing the counter balanced arm side of the lift to lift the arm tube and cartridge as the trip bar rotates. Very different to the Aromatic or the Elevator/Lifter cueing device.
I do have an Aromatic if #Richard Dane allows me to post a photo and I can put both the AT end lift and the Lifter next to it, so you all know what we are talking about!! :joy:

2 Likes

We’ve talked ourselves into a mess, Peter, so it would be great if a photo or two would clear things up.

The wrap is actually just heat-shrink which I treated the metal rest to when I partnered it with a Keel as it used to ring. I use black heat-shrink but as you will see here pink/red is popular too.
It is also possible to create a stop for the Aro top using a couple of layers of heat-shrink as this helps avoid the skidooo effect. Our replacement arm rest has a larger “stop” to overcome this problem BTW

1 Like

If Mods - Richard Dane allows me?
If not I’ll send you a pic thus avoiding issues!

I assume it’s for use on the ARO, so if you wish to show an Aromatic beside the AT then I’m OK with that.

1 Like

Thought I’d jump in and post a picture here Peter is snowed under and getting ready for an overseas trip. :scream: :+1:t2:
Audio Technica Safety Raiser then Aromatic down the middle and finally The Lifter.

4 Likes

I have had my Aro for 32 years and much prefer it “au natural”, and it is staying that way.

4 Likes

I have one in a box unopened.

It was a gift from a good friend but I have not bother installing cuz he told me it has a tendency to collapse!
Guess Aromatic stinks. :laughing:

5 Likes

I agree with that wholeheartedly. But I’m aged 68 and, at some point, my eyesight, and my hand to eye coordination may start to drop away.

1 Like

You’ll be fine, Graham. I’m 69, optician told me my eyesight had improved & may well carry on doing - trouble is I’ll be dead before I don’t need glasses anymore, lol.

And…you don’t drink! A bonus with a manual unipivot I reckon .

I had one briefly but it didn’t last long. If you weren’t careful, every now and then it could do a great impression of a trebuchet.

IIRC Naim only did it because a number of dealers felt they could not sell the ARO without it.

4 Likes