Show us your Sondek

Thank you, Stevie!

I had an Aromatic right through, from the early 1990s when I acquired my Aro, to around 12 months ago when I purchased some major upgrades to my LP12 and Peter at Cymbiosis replaced the Aromatic with the Aro lifter device for me. I’m very happy with the Aro lifter which is a massive improvement on the Aromatic which, as others have said, was basic to say the least.

2 Likes

Quite appropriate since the chief designer of the ARO was a Frenchman. Not sure if he was also responsible for the aromatic though

1 Like

:rofl:
Hope you did not ruin a cartridge!

I think I’ve seen these in the torture museum.

1 Like

yeah… it looks pretty medieval. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

28 Likes

Looks great and retro I liked that arm and had one many years ago it’s a shame they stopped making it.
Very clean lines sharp. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks, LP12 is 10 years old, Jelco is 11.2021 :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a really nice plinth. Oak, I assume.

2 Likes

Yes, correct it is Oak

2 Likes

The king of timbers as we Carpenters refer to it as. Lovely Oleg!

1 Like

That must be one of their last arms.

A sad day for them , their workers and consumers when they closed

3 Likes

Does that tonearm need a special armboard, or do you buy a blank one and cut it out yourself? (Or, at least, get your dealer to do that for you!)

The Majik LP12 came with the Jelco arm branded as Linn for a very short time before Jelco closed down.
So ended up an unintentional LTD Edition.
Great arm and had been around for many years with various branding.
I had one many years ago as a Mission 774LC :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I had a Mission 774 tonearm on a Thorens TD160S (with an Ortofon MC20 cartridge).

It was a very tidy combination, and I tried to persuade myself that an LP12 couldn’t be much better. But I went to see Howard Popeck at Subjective Audio in Camden, who showed me otherwise!

1 Like

I had two different Mission arms through the years the 774LC “ Jelco “
And later the Mission 774 it was the first arm on my LP12 in 1987.

Now the same deck sort of 2023

7 Likes

Thank You!

Berlin Linn dealer installed 11.2021 tonearm. It used to have Project Tonarm on it.

A few pics of my pride and joy. It has been 90%+ of my listening time in the past year since Rad2 and the DV TKR were fitted.

Here’s a close up of the Peter Swain built and supplied Aro Lifter as it’s been discussed a bit on this thread. Works very well when required, which is not that often, but useful to have the option after a few glasses of red!

And a gratuitous close up of the wondrous TKR.

23 Likes