Show us your Sondek

I like the smoked lid although mine is clear. I don’t like smoked bacon though. Although I do like smoky bacon crisps. :nerd_face:

1 Like

A Linn smoked lid is a thing of beauty. Sets off an LP12 perfectly. As do flutes.

4 Likes

I must still have my old one tucked away somewhere. I’ll look it out, clean it up, and stick it on that Big River site.

I have kept my smoked lid on my fluted 79 LP12. The lid, base and top plate are the only original bits now. I don’t really have a preference but as I have a bit of a midcentury look to my lounge I decided to keep the smoked lid when given the opportunity to get a bargain lid as I think it is more in keeping with the look.

1 Like

Life would be dull if we all went for exactly the same things. If this Forum proves anything, it is that we all choose different things.

4 Likes

Exactly…
Applies to so many things. Well said :+1:

1 Like

A bit of an old photo… but here’s my LP12 just before Xmas 2020 at my dealer (Oranges & Lemons in Battersea) getting a run-out after having a new Karousel fitted. The record playing is a test pressing from The Vinyl Factory of the second Ese & The Vooduu People album Mercury In Retrograde.

20 Likes

Excellent! :+1:t5:

And looks like the same wallshelf I used to have. Couldn’t stop the damn thing flexing on our crappy wall - weighs a ton.

1 Like

Internet a bit slow in your part of the world Kev?

I blame BT!

3 Likes

My wife has just seen this new Sondek in maple today. Glad that she loves it. She said it’s more beautiful than the other one of mine in walnut flute plinth. Not only the look she loves, but also the sound.

I’m a bit biased that the ARO has played a part of her liking.

27 Likes

The (original) ARO fitted to an LP12 is such a classic. I have one up and running, and a second on the way.

3 Likes

Yeah…. ARO…… sigh……

2 Likes

What power supply do you have with your sondek Graham ?

Armageddon.

It’s a great shame that it has been discontinued. I wonder why that was?

Yes I also use the Armageddon with my Sondek ARO

There is just something about that combination - perfectly matched if you ask me

Maple is the new walnut!

16 Likes

Interesting tonearm, armband and illuminated switch - none of which I recognise. Is that a Linn plinth, or from an aftermarket supplier?

Linn plinth, Rega RB880 tonearm with Expressimo Audio Half Moon weight and Vinyl Passion Revolution power supply.

Thanks for that. I have never heard of the Vinyl Passion power supply before.