Show us your Sondek

Thanks and also @Corry. The wall shelf is not an option I’m afraid.

1 Like

We thought of this, but the accuracy required to align the bolts with the stand spikes is really hard to achieve.
I have posted the following pics before, but here they are again…

6 Likes

Yes, I remember. Even getting 4 Pozi-screws to line up in a suspended floor defeated me. You just know there’s a floorboard nail with your name on it down there, and once the drill deflects, no amount of persuasion to the screw (read ‘club/claw hammer’) will bring it back to where it needs to be.

I hope that the moggy hasn’t been ‘fixed’ to the flooring!

The little moggy was Woody, sadly we lost him to an RTA a couple of weeks ago…:cry:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

For a very small amount of money and effort, the Taica Gel Bushings (type B-1) will not only solve the footfall from suspended wooden floors issue, but also improve the performance of the LP12. Now I understand this simple fact will make some people uncomfortable, but believe me I’m not trying to be provocative, only trying to help those willing to listen and think outside the box.

2 Likes

Would this be instead of a Trampolin, just replacing the standard feet?

Our LP12, as it is, during Sunday afternoon listening today.

1986 LP12 fluted Afromosia plinth, (Akurate or Selekt inside), c/w Ittok LVII + Troika → Naim SuperLine + HiCap DR psu.

This LP12 is fitted with Trampolin 2, as we envisaged using it, in this way, on top of a sideboard, or similar.

@CalamityJack For me, maybe two reason to consider using a “Tramp2”. (1) it offers a modest amount mechanical isolation, ( IMHO, wouldn’t really on this, by itself). (2) as an upgrade to any original and basic baseboard, it “stiffens” the plinth and base a little, making it more rigid, which has to be good for SQ overall. Many report this can be heard.

In this room, we have solid concrete floor, with carpet and thicker 10mm wool underlay, (to help with SQ in the room). The Kallax legs sit on IsoAcoustic carpet spikes, connecting everything directly to the concrete, which seems to work fine.

Anywhere else, I would be inclined to use a wall shelf. Our other TT - a Rega RP6 - uses a “Decent Audio” wall shelf, (fixed with anchor bolts into masonry wall). But, in this room, sitting on top of furniture seemed to us a more elegant and attractive solution, (for the way we use this room).

The Cello is a beautiful instrument…
Just listening to Public Service Broadcasting “ This New Noise”, (2023). Track 4 : A Cello Sings In Daventry ( Ft. Seth Lakeman). Absolutely sublime. The Cello is perhaps my favourite instrument and sounds just beautiful on this track, ( and played by this LP12).

Best wishes
R

14 Likes

These would replace the springs and rubber grommets, this way the sub-chassis/tonearm assembly will still be suspended but resting on the silicone bushings instead. No more of the self inflicted problems caused by the use of springs.

Dear @Richard.Dane
Silly me, I’ve somehow managed to delete my last post here. Is it possible for you to reinstate ?
Not sure how. My sincere apologies for clumsy fingers :flushed:

21 Likes

Reinstated for you.

1 Like

Thank you Richard

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Just received an email from Linn marketing this morning, it says all Linn streamers can be upgraded to Utopik, no mention of any Linn amplifiers though.

1 Like

First batch of Utopik upgrade releases with more to follow. :+1:t2:

I stumbled across this in our local electronics shop for NZ$1300 (£650), Ittok LV II arm, Audio Technica AT-OC9ML/II cart, looks like a Circus bearing (the original bearing had been replaced). I was thinking of upgrading my 1980’s Rega 3 for another Rega, but this seemed to good to pass by. So now need to learn about it. My dealer offers a strip down and service for $450 and recommends a Lingo 4 and Karousel for the best value tweak if I want it. It’s in excellent condition for its age.

Quite a nice turntable, very nice open sound, musical with lots of detail. Quite different from the Rega, seems slightly less “punchy” but the bass is very refined, that might just be a case of adjusting from the more raw presentation of the Rega (that has an exact cart and Neo PS).

15 Likes

Come on Mike you know you want it. :grin:

Sounds good value but my knowledge of TTs is very limited.

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter

Mike your dealer is spot on with those 2 upgrades with maybe the trampolin 2 sub chassis which is circa $300 from memory

Leave it at that and it will give you many years of musical happiness

4 Likes