System Pics 2023

Keep it that way. I made some big changes to my living room including sawing up one of my sofas to accomodate my speakers. Then moving all the racks to the left wall and going three tier stack of Fraim. So it wasn’t just buying stuff but literally sawing stuff up to make it work.

My LP12 is on Fraim stack which is cool but ideally floor underneath needs reinforcing as it’s suspended timber floor. The floor moves even though the house was built in 1999. I see you have a piece of wood underneath your stacks I take it to improve rigidity?

I plan on redecoration and reflooring and may consider laying 12mm ply on to subfloor screwed down every 150mm to improve rigidity! The lengths we go to to improve our systems!

I’ve just listened to we get Requests, ‘You look good to me’ is one of my all time favourite tracks, great to see it on Vinyl

Amazing

Had too much bass for me so decided to move them out from back wall

Horses for courses as they say

My first speakers Mr.Tibbs

Those gales were mighty speakers I must say :+1:

2 Likes

Wow…seems odd to me, but, as you say, a different room.

The timber board is actually a large Isolation Platform. I posted this on the Sondek thread this weekend. It explains what we did.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting. As a builder normally my way of solidifying a floor is 12mm ply screwed every 150mm or 200mm, so thousands of screws for big room. This was my intention if I do it at all. When I walk over to the LP12 is skips a bit if heavy footed.

I had it wall mounted before but don’t like the look now. Doing what you have done is very thoughtful. But in my room, my stacks, I want a more subtle look.

How does the isolation platform work? Has it improved things?

Thought it was about time I posted a pic of mine. There is some Naim in there😉

38 Likes

It was 100% successful.
You could hold a square dance in my cabin now and the LP12 wouldn’t register any movement at all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s absolutely fantastic. I will have to put my thinking cap on for my Lp12 when I refloor.

Save it for another day. You’ve inspired me to play my LP12. Physical Graffiti.

2 Likes

Can’t see any Naim whatsoever! A cable maybe?

That looks just like a STAX electrostatic headphone amplifier, but the 'phones on top of the equipment table don’t look like STAX.

Yep, Superlumia on the speakers

1 Like

The last remnants of Naim before it dissolves. Would you ever go back to Naim?

This is a lovely setup, it really matches perfectly with your lovely stone walls that remind me of the Chiltern stone. But, I’m worried about what came out of that big egg shell in the wall recess below the window?

2 Likes

That’s dedication to the cause if ever I saw it :joy:

3 Likes

I remember sawing up a Sofa some years back to get it out of the house.
It wouldn’t fit through the old front door. We started by taking the arms off with an Axe and it snowballed from there…:rofl:

Sounds very therapeutic! I do wonder how you got it in though in the first place?! Appreciate any further info on this subject would be WAY off topic!!!

1 Like

Talking off topic I bet he got a new door fitted and the standards are narrower.
Or they took the window out first time and he’s got new ones since.
I knew a guy that delivered furniture and I didn’t believe him when he said they sometimes have to take a window out. :scream:

3 Likes

Here are my PX200s which I must have had for nearly 20 years. Still going strong and I’ll be using them today with my laptop…

6 Likes