Show us your Sondek

Going back a long time now. :scream: :rofl:

IMG_0068

1 Like

Oh my…a Pixall. Bloody things.

Trial and major error. :scream: :rofl:

1 Like

76 posts now without a picture of a Linn Sondek (77 now) …

3 Likes

Go us!!! 78 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I clean my records manually, finishing the process with the Vinyl Vac, and static simply goes away. There’s no need to spend thousands on an RCM to get rid of static.

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

15 Likes

Backlit Beauty

17 Likes

11 Likes

15 Likes

Bet that one has two buttons. :thinking:

Not sure as this was not one of mine. The other two are stills of videos of previous Sondeks I used to own.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice pictures it looks like that era. :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Nice Tony :+1:t4: :wink:

1 Like

Still resting, but I get my HiLine back tomorrow so it’ll be back in service Wednesday :crossed_fingers:t4: :blush:

7 Likes

Still trying to wind it up. :hot_face:

Turntable oops

10 Likes

I think I will leave the Collaro mat and save the money towards a Radikal power supply.

It may be very good and give an uplift. However, it may make no difference at all. Worth checking out for sure but would rather put funds towards more essential and clearly beneficial upgrades.

Spending money on periphery items such as cables and mats adds up. I have spent £2000 on powerlines in last 6 months. Going to wait things out and ideally get a Radikal 1 or 2 as next upgrade for my system.

11 Likes

Cake before icing. :+1:t2:
Go Rad 2 the first one is a false economy obsolete item now. :wink: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

The mat is a constant thickness. My dealer sets the vta on my LP12 to the best compromise given the different thinkness of LPs. When we tried the Collaro mat it was noticable there was some treble emphasis on all recordings so it needed adjusting. I thought something was when I put the mat on, this was confirmed during a cartridge replacement. This is not to say as you pointed out that vta in practice would need to be set correctly each time you changed the weight of a record being played for optimal playback but this is not really pratical. I therefore know there will an effect based on the LP being played. The conclusion myself and my dealer came to was that with the thinner mat this was more apparent as it affected all LPs. Collaro themselves say that you may need to adjust vta as the mat is thinner.

1 Like

Indeed Radikal first. Whichever one it will be. Obviously funds permitting. Yes, Radikal 2 would be ideal. However, Radikal 1 will be an improvement on Lingo 1.

But I take on board that the 2 is better.

3 Likes