Show us your Sondek

Your welcome Dan
I have pictures below of Kore for Aro and Kore for Rega.
See below.
Aro both sides then below Rega both sides.

1 Like

Yeah, I have looked at LP12 bits before in fairness… just that the fitting of stuff like a chassis or arm that if you buy elsewhere then means going to a dealer for fitting anyway, so may as well just do it all as a one’r and go to the place I got it from, as it’s only another hour or two in the car.

That’s my general logic anyway.

I had an Ittok when I bought Keel. Just don’t forget the little plug for the hole if/ when you later go Ekos:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m sure there is lots of great stuff. Zero doubts on that, it’s just there’s always a risk on fairly high value items. I’ve also seen on one review, someone with a bent kore armboard!! Eeek!

My logic is if dealer doesn’t have it used, buy it elsewhere used and get dealer to fit it!

Cymbiosis doesn’t stock everything. At Audio T they don’t sell much used stuff so I have bought the Ekos 2 used and Lingo 1 used and got them to fit it.

Get it delivered and it makes no difference.

3 Likes

Yes. That’s why I am trying to say by from dealer rather than private on ebay for LP12 stuff. I’ve bought alot of very expensive hifi on ebay and never had a problem.

People make a fuss about ebay and say buy from a dealer. Quite often they never buy from ebay and only a dealer!

Yes, my LP12 was bought privately on ebay and had some issues. So beware of buying privately. That’s a bigger risk.

2 Likes

Plus 1 here @Storm1 .

Since 2009, my LP12 has been tended to by Cymbiosis. Prior to that, I was a Sound Advice &/ New Audio Frontiers customer, until their demise.

1 Like

Yeah for sure… both ways work @Dan_M

I don’t have any really close dealers, so may as well make the bit of extra drive time.

So far (touch wood) I’ve not had to wait around for anything I’ve been looking at for any amount of time. The LP12 build itself was probably longest and even that was only a couple of days. The Radikal, Nap250dr and Karousel (which was new admittedly)… All been stock items at the time!

Put it this way… I have to wait longer for the saved funds than I do for the kit! :grin:

3 Likes

If I were to get my LP12 built from a mix of new/pre-loved then my only issue in going with a Cymbiosis build is that it is round trip just shy of 600 miles and a hotel stopover to visit, Peter is definitely not round the corner from me.

:smile:

4 Likes

Well… Cymbiosis is ‘only’… 30.7 miles and 37 minutes from me… according to Google Maps… :slightly_smiling_face:

My own LP12 began as a new one, in 1981 (post Nirvana, but pre Valhalla).
But its now a collection of new, pre-loved and old items.

(I think I may have said before, mine is an 82 deck - its not, its late 81.)

2 Likes

Peter is 320 miles each way from me. :wink: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I did a long trip to Sheffield to get Darran to service my boxes. Maybe I should drive up to Cymbiosis and see what he can do. Only 193 miles each way! He did have a Radikal 2 used on offer not long ago!

I’ve bought stuff them before tbh. Probably bought stuff from most dealers on the phone or online. Most Naim and Linn dealers are really helpful.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a fair old trek!

It’s about a 4-4.5hr roundtrip for me… but well worth the trip each time I’ve been (3 times now)!

Not sure I’d fancy a 600 mile trip either, but if you’re only doing it once… Then the joy of listening will soon outweigh the travel!

1 Like

It’s our hobby and always exciting to make changes and then get back and listen to the LP12 once the work is done!

Audio T Brighton have looked after my LP12 very well.

I’m not sure they like me bringing in stuff all the time to fit. Haha!

At least I bought a new cart from them.

2 Likes

And not a cheap cartridge either @Dan_M, so that’s hopefully a nice sweetener!

Don’t get me thinking of cartridges… I’m already thinking about the next one!! :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

My local Linn store is around 80 minutes, 50 miles away, I am seeing them on Friday for an introductory chat and a bit of a listen.

It will be interesting to see what services they offer, their website hints at taking in your old gear as p/x on upgrades but there is no sign of any used Linn gear so they may have an e-bay store, they are also a Naim and ATC dealer and going to give me a LP12/Naim/ATC demonstration.

6 Likes

Thanks, out of curiosity, did you do Radikal before Karousel or at the same time?
Interested because you run Majik and Ittok with that, and seem fairly happy.

1 Like

I have the keel ( as standard ) on my Klimax plus just got the Keel ARO a while ago for my other Sondek

Certainly an excellent upgrade from the Kore I can confirm

4 Likes

That is a shortcut to a great system. I admit to being slightly biased but Naim and ATC work well together and a Linn LP12 front end is the perfect match.

2 Likes

@paulbysea - I hope so too

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like