Show us your Sondek

They’ve trademarked ‘skin’?

Can’t see the appeal of skinz, unless the prospective LP12 buyer is a pre-teen.

1 Like

It is indeed, I am very firmly of the opinion we need to ensure sustainability and ethical use of wood :wood: for furniture and other uses.

@steviebee… agree Steve that it looks like a “life style” product for younger LP12 users?

However I am curious what effect it will have on the the sound of a deck that has been set up by well respected Sondek dealers.

ATB Graham.

Nothing new here. Just enjoying the old Valhalla with some nice analogue 70’s rock.

21 Likes

‘younger LP 12 users…’

You mean the under 70s…

8 Likes

Me - me - me…!!!

(only 65…!!)

2 Likes

Nice to feel like a teenager with 56 :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It’s worrying when you start struggling to remember what it felt like to be only 56!

4 Likes

Both my daughters aged 27
Fully LP12 Savvy. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Walnut (or afromosia), nutted, corner braced and from Greaves of Sheffield is all one needs :wink:

Here’s mine, playing some Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats!

29 Likes

I know this is a Sondek thread, but that leben is lovely (speaking as a former owner):+1:

4 Likes

The LP12/ARO is always a lovely combination - I have two!

And you have an interesting-looking plinth.

2 Likes

I love it, too!

It pains me to say this on the Naim forum, but after 20 years of Naim amps I just wanted something different. It’s the CS-600, original version: it has NOS tubes; GE 6L6CG for power and Sylvania 6CS7 for the preamp tubes. I have Devore Gibbon speakers, with which the Leben is a “known good” combination, but even so I was impressed with the additional presence the Leben brought vis a vis my 282/250.

3 Likes

Graham – your wenge plinth is fab! Mine’s also a Woodsong, in cocobolo.

1 Like

[Around 30-months later… :joy:]

OUR SPRINGLESS LP12 HOT-ROD!

LINN plinth (original)
LINN top plate (original)
LINN outer platter (original)
BOSTON AUDIO Carbon platter mat
STACK AUDIO Alto sub-chassis
LINN Karousel bearing
AUDIOSILENTE Silicone Mushrooms (no springs)
WAND Plus 9.5” tonearm
DENON DL-103R MC cartridge
BLACK DIAMOND Racing Cones threaded into plinth
No bottom cover
Hardened Glass support plate supported by FINITE ELEMENTE ceraball feet
ORIGIN LIVE DC motor
Modified ORIGIN LIVE DC motor control unit
LHY 160W/24V DC linear power supply
Jointless SILICONE BLUE BELT

Just LOVING it! :wink:

12 Likes

Gorgeous plinth!

1 Like

LP12 in corner. c.2024

15 Likes

Thank you very much, sb. I like it a lot, and it’s beautifully made - by Solid Sounds in Yorkshire, near Leeds.

I’m not sure if the Wenge plinth is still available to buy, as I believe that the wood may now be classified as ‘endangered’.

Hello Graham,

Hoping you are well?

Do you mind if I re- use your last post to start a thread on veneers for speakers and turntables , based on sustainability and finish ?

Cheers

Ian