Show us your Sondek

Yes! But never noticed the ‘naim’ logo on any SBL’s before. On later ones only?

True, but I’ve gone for Walnut.

Tim

1 Like

My sbls are staff made. Examples found in the shops never had these.

1 Like

As they are badges, they could have been added at any time - by a dealer or an owner, or equally not added even if supplied with the loudspeakers (or additionally with fraim).

1 Like

I’ve seen someone on the auction site churning these out and key rings etc.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Not my Sondek but heard at a demo yesterday. Factory-std Klimax (I believe) and note the Solo monoblock below. Speakers were $450,000 Kroma Maribel. It sounded lovely!

7 Likes

What a beauty, Debs. Coupled with the upgrades and the recently serviced 500 kit, your SBLs will be in for a treat. Enjoy :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Debs, have you got the 552/500 out of their boxes and installed yet?

1 Like

Beautiful turntable @Stormane. I had the Ekos2 and it’s a fine tonearm. If you change it for Ekos SE it is worth it at some point. I would definitely do the Keel upgrade too.

In May this year I was going to leave the Kore, Ekos2 and Dynavector XX2 Mk11 in place and just get the Radikal 1. I ended up upgrading the lot and it was worth it.

Depends what you want though.

1 Like

Lovely set up @Debs, I love your decor as well in your system pics. Pure class!

1 Like

That’s really a beauty, @Debs

2 Likes

Mine were a staff build. The Naim badges were added in the factory.

1 Like

I’ve had those dirty thoughts. The Ekos2 is sounding sublime, though. It was repaired at the factory a few years ago and came back sounding better than new.

1 Like

Looks like someone’s dropped the glass shelving :joy:

1 Like

Very similar to my standard plinth too @Stormane (walnut) :+1:

13 Likes

“Artisanal” shelving.

Im not sure who makes it.

1 Like

Looks smashing. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not quite yet due having the fraim temporarily out of the way so another 2-gang unswitched socket can be installed behind where the fraim sits. Also gives the opportunity to de-dust and clean the fraim. Could have done all this by now but the nice weather forced me outside on the bike past couple of days, waiting for a rainy day to complete installation.

However today, looked outside and… :cloud_with_rain: :grinning:

4 Likes

Here’s my Sondek. Had it 42 years and it’s now Klimax spec. Very happy with it.

Simon Price plinth in high gloss Indian rosewood. TA Karmen top plate in black.

27 Likes

That is one lovely turntable, the shine on the plinth is amazing.

I would love to own my LP12 for 40 years but somehow I don’t think that I will be around when the turntable reaches its 40th birthday, maybe my kids will be using it to play my vinyl. :rofl:

Fantastic that one piece of equipment can give so much pleasure over a lifetime, I hope that you will be enjoying for a good many years to come.

3 Likes