Show us your Sondek

Did you find a big difference after it came back from AO ?

Nice work folks - great to see some lovely looking decks.

1 Like

1983 vintage although the only bits left from 1983 are the plinth, top plate, outer platter and lid. Currently powered by a Radikal and connected to 82/supercap/250.

22 Likes

IMG_1969

Only the lid and hinges left from my original 80s linn.

19 Likes

Bit like Trigger’s broom…

Loving this thread…could be expensive…no, no, no!

3 Likes

Mark you and I are both in his queue!

That’s awesome that you built it yourself, and have that satisfaction. I’m so terrible with mechanical items . . . I get anxious thinking about it. My wife is the ‘engineer’ at home; maybe she wants to build one! (She was very intrigued by the Rega book; between us we still haven’t exactly figured out how a cartridge works however! I think there is a little magic in the process.)

The horizontal and vertical bearings were shot and as a result I couldn’t play any vinyl when it went completely. I spent alot of money (around £570) on the work and AO did a fantastic job. He reckons it now comes very close to Ekos mk 1 or an Ittok with the metal arm cue being the big upgrade.

In hindsight I should have bought an Ekos 1 or 2. But I didn’t know what was what back then.

As it stands it’s a much better arm than the original Akitos and sounds wonderful.

Current deck cherry, kore, Ekos SE,Khan top plate, Lingo 4, tranquility Naim pre fix

Incoming Radikal, Karsouel

25 Likes

Another Cherry here. But less glamorous in spec being basic Majik spec (9cc arm) and Hercules II. Currently pondering whether to upgrade to the karousel and potentially take advantage of the Linn offer.

22 Likes

Afro with serviced Valhalla, Ittok LVIII and K9 body

No expense spared on £18 VM95C stylus and £6 Ikea Lack table :slight_smile:

…how else will I afford a new belt?!

Listening to Future Islands ‘Singles’ right now :wink:

Great pics and thread.

30 Likes

I’ve got to say that the fruit box is just about the prettiest TT out there, especially with a fluted plinth…

5 Likes

Which post were you replying to?

I love my bubinga but that is the color and grain I am looking for. That is a one of a kind for sure. Stunning!

Scott

1 Like

Mine has a Rosenut Plinth. Originally bought at Akurate level + Radikal and Urika I, now upgraded to Klimax level with Keel and EKOS SE. 2 weeks later, Karousel was announced! Cartridge is Kiseki PurpleHeart.

Claude

20 Likes

19 Likes

off topic, but what’s your equipment rack? it looks great!

Same here. About four weeks after adding Keel, aRadikal & Kandid, the Karousel deal was announced. :frowning:

And why not - superb decks even though I have the other make.

1 Like

Keep pressure washing and painting everything that does not move…its cheaper😉

1 Like