Show us your Sondek

You can get L-Shaped Neutrik plugs to replace the usual ones, to solve that problem.

They are relatively easy to replace, but if in doubt, Peter Swain at Cymbiosis does it.

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting. I didn’t know that but, tbh, I’m quite happy with it on the top shelf as it there is no interference or hum or buzz etc and it’s on the same side as my other brawn kit of 300DR and SCDR.

6 Likes

Yeah of course. For my part, I have mine third shelf down from top. Replaced the plugs myself. No soldering required. You just remove the internals from the shell of the existing plugs and insert into the shell of the L-shaped plugs. I understand this mod is approved by Linn - I believe by courtesy of Peter Swain at Cymbiosis.

1 Like

I parked mine on the base shelf of the brawn side but it’s the Radikal case which might not be as deep. I was still able to use standard connectors but had to shuffle it back into the rack by connecting up then sliding the glass and all into position. It’s a PITA so you only want to do it once a year.

1 Like

Thought I’d show off the Troika rebuilt by Goldring

Done my best to colour match the LP :slight_smile: – Bonus point for anyone that can name the 1980s album

19 Likes

@Murmur Hmmm… Is it a Ultravox album ?

Nope - a bit tricky when there’s no writing on it either

They were a trio when they recorded this one, if that helps

Lead singer sadly passed away 2-3 years ago

Just realising there’s probably hundreds of LPs the colour of this :frowning: – there’s another clue in there too

1 Like

How are you getting along with the Troika ?
BTW, it looks beautiful there on the end of your Ekos.

Talk Talk?

2 Likes

Yep, Colour of Spring

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, very good. Took 15+ hours to become properly engaging and I was worried to begin with but very happy with it now. I imagine it sounds quite bright/hard on modern kit though - David rebuilds them as close as possible to the original spec and used to do them for Linn back when they were into rebuilds. It’s probably close to a VM95E in balance but with much more control, resolution and fuller sound. Adikt/Krystal are smoother/warmer and tuned to a very different sounding LP12 / system.

1 Like

Do I win a prize?

Your system and LP12 are a bit of a time capsule, especially with that red thing on the arm. Lovely!

2 Likes

Yes, you won 1 ‘like’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

Yours looks very close to mine. It’s Ceylon Satinwood. I rebuilt mine from the ground-up years back, although it uses/used a Mose+Hercules PSU. Someday I need to set it up again.

12 Likes

Very nice! Not heard of that wood before. Looks a bit like movingui which is popular with some LP12 owners.

1 Like

mid 80’s LP12 Ittok Suprex 900
still going strong

24 Likes

Nice! have you had it all those years, or 2nd hand purchase?

You mean “Supex 900”?