Show us your Sondek

Now that’s what I call a duster!
Who makes it and where would I be able to get one of those?

@Swanny

It’s a great little thing.
Made by Oxo. Good Grips Microfibre Delicate Duster. £7.20 from John Lewis, Amazon, lots of places.

The head clicks off for washing. I need to wash mine!

1 Like

Thanks. I have a JL store just down the road in Welwyn Garden City. I’ll check it out.

Finally joined the club, its only taken 40 years since I first heard an LP12. Thanks to Peter at Cymbiosis I now have a nice black LP12 from a mix of used and new parts. Spec is Mose/Hercules PSU, Karousel and Basik+ arm (donated along with the lid by my previous Linn Axis). Cartridge is an AT95SH. All good and certainly a step up from the Axis, amazingly low surface noise and a solid overall sound, very happy with it.

22 Likes

Excellent! Leave it on/spinning for a day or two to help bed in the new bearing.

Fitted yesterday by @Cymbiosis

Tangerine Audio Stiletto one hell of an upgrade rest of the deck Karsouel, Keel, Ekos SE, Urika, DVXX2 with Chord Signature RCA to DIN from the off superb, even more now after 10 + hours of beening left on also new Kilmax 2 radikal LP12 finished

30 Likes

what a beauty, @Antz ! :+1:

1 Like

Wow @Antz. I didn’t realise you were going for the TA. Love to hear more about the differences you’re hearing.
Your better half must be owed enough shoes now to rival Imelda Marcos!

thanks @KJC

we did have a new bathroom in October and plans for the patio are in place but the 2022 upgrade piggy bank is now offically closed

on TA Stiletto first - the build of the deck is outstanding the machining and attention to detail is mind blowing to be honest very much in the Linn - Naim camp - so what does this offer over an above the pinth total and utter isolation - the weight of the stiletto and machined from one peace of metal - every whole is precisly drilled

so IMO no better platform for you to then build around from 3 party or Linn to further inhance the deck - mine is Keel, Karsouel and arm is Ekos SE = the effect on the whole deck is ashtonishing - soundstage depth and musical focus is a complete joy

Klimax Radikal
over the years went from Lingo 4 to Akrute Radikal and now Klimax Radikal - Peter @Cymbiosis clearly showed the difference in the two on demo - same system arm, cartridge etc and the Klimax just offers more - I know the boards are the same in both but somehow the musical magic of the Kimax is just there to hear and now with the further improvements on both Rad 2 - even better

yes 15+ years in the making but got there - been running the deck when not playing albums to let everything bed in - spent the day yesterday playing albums which I know well and the musical detail just lifted - even more from my prev deck

looking forward to the weekend - from guys I know they recon around 100 hours before complete burn in - will post when I get there

5 Likes

A freshly cleaned copy of Cosmic Messenger ready to play

11 Likes

Great LP- turn it up :+1:

2 Likes

Nice album. Going to spin this tomorrow!

1 Like

My office Linn Sondek

19 Likes

Nice plinth. Not so sure about the stacks of Mana on which it’s placed - I’ve never been taken by it.

2 Likes

The SO London now. Very fond memories of that place myself. And the Thameside Inn round the corner. :beers:

11 Likes

@marksnaim

Yes, I’ve been thinking of going back there now it’s opened as a restaurant…have a meal in the first floor dem room for old times sake.
I’m going to Borough Market next Tuesday. I may pop by and see the menu.
Then a pint in the Market Porter.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great plan.

1 Like

Antz i would give a weeks pay to hear that supercharged Tangerine Linn. Looks amazing.

1 Like

Our reworked LP12 has now settled in nicely.

Originally 1986, from Sound Advice, in Loughborough. Same as our Epos speakers.
After 30+ years as original, in 2020-21 it was serviced, various parts refurbished and updates added too.

We were without our LP12 for over a year, from Oct 2020 to late Oct 2021. It went into the dealer for some TLC and various updates. The amount of work was always going to take a while but then got stuck for a period. First, the lock down restrictions, then a house move.

It is such a pleasure to use. Playing records is now a renewed joy.

We already had the LP12 and Epos ES14’s. So, we found and added the Naim olive 72-HC-140, (see “Project Olive” ) to go in between and make a vinyl only system for this room in our new home.

It’s a great system, with synergy and a lovely balance. Perfect for playing records, as was probably originally intended.

Kallax works really well for both vinyl storage as well as a simple and inexpensive equipment support. The Kallax is modified in various ways to make it more suitable to our needs. For example, glued and screwed to make it more rigid. A ridge or “back stop” is installed at the back of the vinyl compartments to keep all the records level and smart at the front. Also, use of IsoAcoustic carpet spikes. As the floor is solid concrete, under the carpet, all works reasonably well, with good isolation.

At our request, the NAC72 phono input connectors were changed from original BNC to RCA phono.

The NAC72 internal phono stage works really well too. However, as our Rega Aria is currently spare, unused, we are using this for a while, because it is a slight improvement on the NA323/5 (K) cards we have. Although, in time, we would be happy to revert back the NAC72 internal phono cards. It’s a reasonable solution. (Plus, reduces box count by one).

More recently we added the Innous Zen Mini + LPSU to allow access to our CD collection in this room too, with “Mini” size cases, which seem to match the scale of the olive shoe boxes. We didn’t really want our 1000+ CD’s in the room as well. So, this was an after thought, as our original idea and main aim for this room was our vinyl records.

This is how we have our music room set-up now.

40 Likes

Nice set-up there!
From your first photo, which of the two Kallax units is not level?
Hope it’s not the one supporting the Linn. :wink: