Show us your Sondek

Sure, the one supporting the turntable is absolutely level :+1:
The other two units aren’t yet sorted. Their height can be adjusted, front and back. No problem.

To be fair, I’ve been slow and not got around to doing this yet, (which is annoying my partner a little), as it obviously doesn’t look right, which you rightly point out. :joy:

In fact, it’s all still a “work in progress”, as there are one or two other little details, that I intend resolve. As I keep changing things, such as cables, equipment positions, compartments for vinyl, etc. When everything is right, my last task it to level everything and fix in a final location, against that wall.

And we still have moving boxes about the house that need to be opened and sorted. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Quite understand.
I’m looking to move in the (hopefully) not too distant future so I’ll be in the same situation. You should see the state of my place now! :scream:

1 Like

Can someone give me a brief instruction how the lid mechanism is attached to an LP12? These are the parts I got with me in the purchase. Anything lacking?

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ah ok so no screws or anything. Just push the parts together and off goes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just slide it all together. :+1:t2:
No screws and no tools.

1 Like

Nope. Thats it… :grinning:

That looks like a great looking LP12! Is it your deck?

@gthack Thanks but no it was the easiest way to explain the hinge to pinch a couple of images online.
Mine is a full Klimax one but in retro black

13 Likes

What’s the correct direction of the Euro Schuko plug from a Sondek into the wall socket? (live phase)

Not mine, and no idea if it’s real, but I wouldn’t mind a customised EVH LP12…

4 Likes

Saw that out on the LP12 Facebook page. Lovely story behind it as well.

1 Like

Christ, that’s f***ugly! :laughing:

4 Likes

There’s a story on Audio T’s blog too. Apparently done on by Audio T Brighton.

No good. No fluting!

1 Like

Reminds me of the ‘dazzle’ camouflage applied to WW2 naval vessels.
Is that LP12 in danger of being torpedoed?

3 Likes

It’s a pretty mesmerising image.

Agree with you. Principles of camouflage/ distortion being very well displayed.

Does visual distortion counterbalance sonic distortion and lead to some kind of audio nirvana? Or just allow you to do less dusting ?

2 Likes

Late evening sunshine and a fluted plinth…

45 Likes

Sensational ratrat

Reconditioned Troika ?

Yep.
For anyone interested, would fully recommend it.