Show us your Sondek

Fantastic nicnaim

@Pete_the_painter needs one of these :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Well he does need to replace his Dual….

Damn it he’s not biting !

He’s been in the hills drawing, and no I don’t need one them I have my box of Audiolab cd transport. :rofl::rofl:

And I’ll be checking your posts to see if you’ve mentioned that v word.

1 Like

I was very careful :grinning:

You’ll slip up, you can’t go a whole month. :+1:

Wanna bet :grinning:

We have. :+1:

Very Innuos like. Certainly different :+1:

Thanks, Matthew, exactly what I meant (although not easy to describe!).

Too many imposters… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

ORIGINAL Linn Flutes here…

24 Likes

And here:

1 Like

Yes it’s not an LP12 is it.

Yes I thought that

That’s what I thought when I changed to the modern flat sided plinth. It looked lovely, but somehow was never my LP12.

As soon as Linn announced the new fluted plinths, my order went in…

Wish they’d kept the black border on the bottom, but that was easily solved with some electrical tape. I’ll paint it eventually…

4 Likes

My LP 12 has remained unmolested in the Plinth area… :thinking:
Afromosia, with Flutes and a Black Bottom - :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I think the fluted plinths look horrible because the disguise the natural beauty of the wood. I much prefer having figure in the timber providing details to the faces. In my eyes, flutes were to hide the plain grain of the timber in the 70s / 80s and thats where the flutes should have stayed.
I appreciate this won’t be a popular opinion and I think the flutes go well with CB and Olive, but it just reminds me of a time that taste forgot.

2 Likes

Vive le difference!

“…a time that taste forgot”… :rofl:

4 Likes

Indeed… YMMV…

Be Agreeable

It’s my Sondek - but not my plinth!

Investigating baseboards and isolation platforms for LP12s led me to SRM. Their platform actually works with LP12s, but my ancient black plinth was too small and warped to take a baseboard without fudging.

While we are finding a good black plinth, Carl at Infidelity has installed all my innards into a cherry plinth - it doesn’t suit the decor in that corner, but it is rather nice. This is not the only part of the process in which they have been enormously helpful.

Like me, Carl reckons both baseboard and platform improve SQ if on a ‘light and rigid’ support, and they unsurprisingly work well together.

The really shocking thing is the visual monstrosity and auditory heresy that is the HRS record clamp. Unlike all others I have heard, it doesn’t ruin the LP12 and is actually a marginal improvement. However, the word is marginal.

It’ll be Back In Black asap.

5 Likes

[quote=“IainW, post:2018, topic:7909”]
but it just reminds me of a time that taste forgot.
[
As a “part time Luthier” I thought you’d be the first to appreciate its “beauty”. :sunglasses:

2 Likes