Show us Your Tablette 10

Valentine’s day

13 Likes

Did you buy a bunch of flowers for your speakers as you love them so much? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

No, actually they’re just good friends…

2 Likes

:rofl:

no, it’s for my wife :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well I did buy it and it sounds great on your old SL2s too. I have listened to it all the way through twice since lunchtime. It’s a very odd collection of music though and one of the tracks made my cat get off my lap and go and sit in front of the left hand speaker, looking expectantly for whatever it was he thought was about to appear.

Best

David

There could be a whole thread on cat’s reactions to certain pieces of music, I have to play Wish You Were Here when she’s asleep on the bed upstairs and yesterday Mrs Houdini showed her displeasure at London Grammar …

1 Like

Partly, ok wholly(!), inspired by this forum, I’ve requested a home demo of the Signature’s in Walnut and a Supernait 3 to try out for a couple of weeks.
Arriving Tuesday and very much looking forward to hearing what they are capable of.

@anon4489532 you really should be on commission!

6 Likes

I’ll have some tab 10 sig to demo soon too because of this thread - Nigel’s setup is really my inspiration :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ha! How do you know I’m not? I did joke with ProAc that once I posted a picture on the Forum whether there would be an uptick in sales. The Tabs are one of their biggest sellers so I doubt they would notice.

I was inspired to get mine by @GraemeH ’s setup. He has a white pair and they look lovely. The pair I had on trial were white but it was’t right for our room. I was quite keen on the Ebony finish but that wouldn’t look right either. I really wanted maple but they don’t do that any more so in the end it was boring oak.

5 Likes

That’s interesting. I’d have thought that the B&Ws would be a far better speaker, excellent as the little ProAcs are. May I ask what prompted this experiment?

I’m after some speaker that can be sited to near wall since I have limited space. They are going to be in another apartment at my home town. The room is around 2.75m x 3m where I believe the tab 10s will sound good there.

Just listening to this album now, not on my Tabs as I cant get in the front room, but on one of headphone rigs. Really like it, thanks for posting it.

Mine have arrived, although have been working home so haven’t had a chance to set them up in the office.

10 Likes

Does anyone have experience or feedback with the Tablette Anniversary model. My understanding is this was the last model to be rear ported. Todays Tablette 10 and Signature version are both the first Tablettes to be sealed boxes. Even though I am happy with my original Super Tablettes from 1988 - now doing the business in a second system fronted by a newly AVO restored Nait 2, I am still having ProAc dreams.

Best
Gregg

5 Likes

Gregg, what is your source?

I have used Tab 10s and Tab 10 Sigs on a Nait 2 restored by AVO and they were great.

Source is a Chord Qutest - also from AVO
I am extremely happy with my second system of Nait2/Qutest/SuperTablettes. I have owned the SuperTablettes since 1988 - although they have been in the closet for the past 15 years. I have found some new old stock Tablette Anniversary’s so I am, obviously, curious

Best
Gregg

1 Like

Did you go standard or ultimate on the Nait 2 restoration, Gregg ?

Hi James
Standard rebuild however Chris West did add some “special sauce”. Forum rules most likely prevent me from going into detail however let’s just say my volume control is now rather special.

Best
Gregg

3 Likes

Nice :+1:

1 Like

Now that you have had some time with the Tablette 10s what distance from the rear wall and how far apart did you settle on.

Thanks for any reply.