Show us Your Tablette 10

Cheers, that’s good to know. I know ProAc have used the name “Tablette” for a long time and for a wide range of speakers, but I’m struck by how nobody seems to have a bad word to say about the brand. Whatever the ProAc house sound is - and that’s assuming they have one - they seem to be doing something very right.

2 Likes

You should be in bed - it’s 1.45 am in Seattle! ProAc’s catchphrase is ‘perfectly natural’ and to me that sums up the sound of the Tablette 10. They are the first ProAc I’ve ever heard, strangely. They were so helpful to me when I was thinking about the Tabs - and they are their cheapest speaker - I wasn’t looking at something for £20,000.

3 Likes

Ha! I’m barely getting started :joy:

1 Like

The 10s are really enjoying life on their new stands. I was listening to a Jon Hassell album on ECM last night. It has synth bass and the depth was astonishing. I’m not going to say it flapped my trousers but from speakers only a foot high it was absolutely amazing. They really are very good.

2 Likes

Which album? I’ve a few and would like to compare on my flapometer.

G

Last night the moon came dropping its clothes in the street.

1 Like

Posted this in another thread, but I believe it’s relevant here. :slight_smile: I’ve since added some gel isolation pads under the Tabs.

12 Likes

I believe he owns a pair of the SCM 11 v2.

You can’t go wrong with the ATC’s or Tab’s

Did you use the Atacama ones? How are they working for you?

I did, and they’re good enough for me. I decided not to complicate things with desktop stands, etc. and just get a little separation from the desktop surface to clean up the bass. As I was warned, they’re stuck on quite well.

Nice to know. I have a set of Atacama gel pads winging their way across the ocean for me to use on my SolidSteel stands underneath my 1988 SuperTablettes.

Best
Gregg

1 Like

It might have been better to have used a set of oak cones from Russ Andrews - at least they wouldn’t stick.

Yeah, makes sense… I would have considered that kind of thing if the speakers weren’t likely to be shifted around a lot. But, since they’re on my desktop… wanted to go with something attached. I hope to keep the speakers for a long time and not even worry about it. Let’s see.

I’m listening to this at the moment.

I didn’t want to twitter on about sound on the what are you listening to thread, but have to say that the Tabs are sounding quite brilliant. The deep notes from the piano are simply astonishing. How they do it from such small boxes is quite something. The stands are really seeming to help here and the sound is most beguiling.

6 Likes

24 Likes

I shall have to buy that to try out on your SL2s!

Neat setup.

1 Like

How big is the room?

Nice. Are those the Falcon stands? I had them with my Tab 10’s and now use them with my PMC 25.21’s. Great stands

Some wonderful photos in here gents, I always fancied trying a set of these. I wonder how they compare to something like the ATC SM7, another small speaker i’d love to try out sometime?

I like the something solid stands and the solid steel stands, one thing however I feel that all stand manufacturers overlook is the ability to somehow run the cable internally so it is out of sight and neat. Of course you can tame the Nac so it sits well but it would be better still if you couldn’t see it in it’s entirety, perhaps this is just my OCD at play. It’s a similar issue to when loudspeakers companies locate the the connection terminals on their floorstanders halfway up the back of the speaker so you have to (a) use more cable than you may need to reach the terminals and (b) have an excess of messy cable at the rear. This is more problematic if your listening space is open and you can see the rear of the speakers of course. That’s one thing with Shahinians that I really like, the speakers are aesthetically pleasing at any angle (if you like them in the first place ha!) and the terminals are on the underside so completely out of sight. Really looks good imo. It’s all about the details gents!

5 Likes