Show us Your Tablette 10

My own pair of the little fellas has now arrived and the white loan pair has departed for the ProAc factory. Bearing in mind that there is cable tidying to do and the Custom Design stands are are stopgap until the Atacamas arrive, I’m really chuffed with them, even straight out of the box. With the little speakers and the Rega off the wall the stereo fits our room so much better and no longer dominates. ProAc have been brilliant to deal with and I cannot praise them enough.

44 Likes

Delighted for you HH. They look perfect for your room.

G

Ummmm hate to break it to you but as far as speaker boxes go, those are small and manageable.

4 Likes

Do ProAc allow home demos of their speakers, or is it only through someone that you know at ProAc ?

You have to arrange demonstrations through one of their authorised dealers in the usual way.

Very nice room and set up Nigel👍

Ah ok - thanks for the info

Suddenly your room looks so much bigger but still that nice cosy feel.

Thanks everyone. I’m so pleased with it. I’m running in both the speakers and the new speaker leads so things will improve over the next two or three months I’m sure. Hopefully the hydra will arrive this week so I can fire up the NAT05 again. New cartridge tomorrow to match the SN’s phono stage and then the records will be spinning again. New stands before the end of the year hopefully. It certainly all looks far more in proportion. It’s remarkable quite how big speakers so small can sound.

6 Likes

has anyone been able to compare them with the P3ESRs?

Hi Nigel,

Pleased to read of your enthusiasm for your new system, your having initially decided to make the changes based on a combination of your hearing issues and a vague dissatisfaction with endless tweaking supposedly required to keep things sounding at their best.

You seem now to have arrived at your happy place where the new setup seems, if anything, more appropriate for your room, and that’s a great place to be.

I did post over on the old forum that I had been experiencing a certain ennui at the sheer number of boxes I had arrived at, in order to just to enjoy listening to my music, and your recent changes are certainly food for thought.

2 Likes

Try Leonard Cohen ‘Dear Heather’ and be amazed!

G

So you dealt with ProAc directly? Nice of them to loan kit out.

So how would you guys describe the sound signature of the Tablettes?

@anon4489532

You may already be going to do it this way anyway, but if you want to tidy the speaker cabling quickly & easily I would suggest using PVC mini-trunking which is available in several sizes depending how many wires are to go through it.

Like me, you have white skirting boards so the trunking virtually disappears when fixed to the skirting. I fix it with velcro pads, which seem to hold well, but of course it can be secured with mini wood screws if preferred. I used the trunking, as short of major building work, I could not think of any other alternative to hide the cables. I can’t stand seeing cables unless it is completely unavoidable.

The leads from my Sondek, together with the 5 from my wall mounted TV are all concealed in white mini-trunking velcroed to the wall & painted the same colour as the wall. They soon become all but invisible to the eye.

System sounds better if cables are hidden just like my car is always smoother, faster when clean. In other words all in the mind, but it generally works for me!

Photo of my speakers & trunking is shown in this thread:-

As a slight aside, my dealer has a customer using Tabs due to an extremely small listening space. He runs them with over £40,000 of Naim amps & dealer says it is one of the sweetest systems he has ever heard & suites the tiny space available perfectly.

1 Like

Awesome!! Fast, detailed , balanced but with a strong defined midrange that makes vocals really stand front and centre.

1 Like

I’ve already said more than I should I think. It is absolutely not their normal practice so I don’t want people asking for this as it will cause embarrassment. But yes, they are a delight to deal with and I can’t thank them them enough. I bought them through Brighton Audio T who liaised with ProAc.

Thanks, when you say detailed is there any hint of being unforgiving, analytical or fatiguing?

A wonderful dealership too. I go back with them as far as Jeffries. New NDX2 and speakers due for me just as soon as they can leave Brighton.

Brilliant HH, they look the business in your room. Enjoy