Show us Your Tablette 10

Mine have no toe-in and no highlighting of high frequency. They sound beautifully balanced, even in a room with few ‘soft-furnishings’.

G

SN2/Tab10Sig setup here as well, I had mine brand new and although there were some strange moments in the beginning, they never sounded bright, not even on their worst days, they really do take long to break in, but no harshness experienced during this period whatsoever. Mines are firing straight, no toe in. They are extremely revealing speakers, so any “wrong” component in the chain can easily push them to display this “weakness”, Qutest or any silver IC or speaker cable could be one of those possibilities. That’s why I stick to Lavender/V1/NACA5, in another words, no risks taken.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, the speaker cable provided by my dealer is silver plated and so is the RCA interconnect.
I’ve still got a Chord copper RCA interconnects in the loft so I know what I’ll be doing over the weekend. Thanks.

1 Like

NACA5 works very well with the Tablet 10 and your Supernait.

Find the right placing for them. Mine sounded great out of the box but did find some positions leaned to a more bright presentaton but nothing fatiguing. I have mine toed in to ProAcs spec and about 45cm from the back wall not bright at all. Mine are the Signatures though, when I demoed the straight tab 10 it didn’t come across bright at all just lacked some mid weight and timing it was beaten by the Sigs but the regualers sounded better than all the rest I tried.

That’s a long way from the wall. I was speaking to the ProAc sales person recently and told him that with my new stands I’d been able to get them closer to the wall - three inches now. He said that was a good thing. Being small and sealed, they really benefit from wall reinforcement.

They don’t sound as good in my Room back against the wall too boomy due to Room nodes, which is reduced at the current position. Doesn’t matter what they say it’s room specific. You don’t toe them in yet they say to do that to get best reproduction is I do and they sound better for it.

1 Like

So I just swapped out the metal bar terminal links with 4mm OFC copper jumpers matching my speaker cables. Can’t say I hear any difference. So many people in support of this general concept can’t be wrong? :thinking:

I heard no difference either. But as I already had NACA5 jumpers I put them in any way.

I checked with Proac on this. The Tablette 10 Signature is designed and sound tested with the supplied bars or bi-wired or bi-amplified.

For that reason I went back to the simplicity of the bars & connect to the hf binding posts.

G

Expectation bias, I think it’s called.

Best

David

2 Likes

There haven’t been many pictures of the wonderful Tablette 10s recently. The oak veneer has slightly mellowed after three months so they are looking better than ever. We also have something new…

13 Likes

Nigel - Just a quick diversion off topic. I was just showing Mrs n your room and we were just wondering what colour paint you used ?

The close up was an eye opener, very high quality.

This is going to sound so boringly predictable - it’s Farrow & Ball Fawn. I’ve just discovered it’s been archived and I’m not clear when and if they will make more, as I need to redo the wall where the Rega shelf used to be. I used the dregs of the paint to touch up and it was pretty manky. It’s a good colour, changes with the light. Cosy at night time yet bright in the day.

1 Like

Cheers Nigel. Back to the Tabs…

I guessed ‘French Grey’. I got the F&B correct at least! Any guesses here?

G

2 Likes

Possibly Strong White. Maybe School House White. There are so many and they all look different depending on the light.

Skimming Stone. A job making up all these names could be fun if one was feeling subversive.

G

It’s very lovely. We need to do our bedroom next and it might work. Perhaps too clinical?