Show us Your Tablette 10

More ‘Warm Sand’ than grey, if that helps.

G

Yes, I just looked it up on the chart and it’s at the warmer end. I’ll keep it in mind.

I must say to you, I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for the 10s. It was your pictures and clear satisfaction that got me interested in them and I’d not have got them without that prompt. They are absolutely superb. I thought I may miss my SL2s but I absolutely don’t. The ProAcs are just so natural and let you really enjoy the music. People are using them with everything from an Atom, through my SN3, through your 252/250 and shortly a 552/250. That’s real flexibility and the fact that they complement high end equipment really says something.

2 Likes

That’s awfully kind and I’m so glad they have worked out for you. I’m sure I picked up the scent for them from another forum member or two so really it would be they who deserve my gratitude.

I find them immensely enjoyable and just so right and addictive. Proac really deserve some industry award for this little marvel.

G

1 Like

You can order any discontinued colour from F&B. You just won’t see it on the shelf in a store.
(Sorry, nothing to do with ProAc speakers.)

Mine are due in about 3 weeks, though, given how much of a crimp Covid has put in my listening schedule, it’s likely to be months before I get them broken in. That, combined with all the positive comments here, was the key to my deciding to skip the usual home audition step and just take a punt.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris. I ordered it from Brewers before Christmas and have heard nothing. I’ll look at ordering from F&B direct. I can’t say I’m in a particular rush.

Unless people think about painting their Tabs so that they fully disappear in the room… :wink:

1 Like

Really wish I get enough time in the front room to listen to mine. 90% of my listening is via headphones with 5% on the other speaker setup as I cant get in the room due to other people until so late on then I cant wack it up.

2 Likes

Hmmm, now there’s an idea. I like my HiFi to be unobtrusive. I’ve got some leftover paint in the loft, so I could have the Arcs in Joa’s white, N-Sats in Elephants Breath and QB2 in Shaded White and they would just disappear into the wall behind them. Sorry, no Proacs though.

1 Like

Elephants Breath :mask:

I consider to buy a pair of Tablette 10’s to replace my Chario Syntar 100 monitor speakers, because of too much bass. My speakers are not on stands, but on a desk.
Are tablette 10’s suitable to place on a desk?

Several forum members use Tab 10’s on desks IIRC

After reading this thread I’m half convinced to set up another system just so I can try these Tab 10 Sigs.

2 Likes

I have Harbeth P3ESR, same box size, speakers like this can be very good - it just depends on what you want to listen to . Sometimes it’s clarity over brawn

1 Like

If your room’s not too big you may prefer them to the Ovators. Our friend @GraemeH uses Tabs with an NDX/555 and a 252/250 and previously owned the Ovators…

1 Like

I may indeed. I have Musos in the smaller rooms currently and have been happy with the SQ and space savings so I’ll likely have to move to a bigger place before I can experiment.

That’t where mine are positioned, for near-field listening these are little monsters, especially if your system is in a small room. Just make sure you get the tweeters on ear level and have them isolated from the surface, I have tried various options and the Atacama Gel Pads was my choice. These work so good small environments, my previous rear ported stand mount speaker just wasn’t meant to do what these little monitors are designed for.

Simply stunning, I am very curios whether ProAc will consider at any point of time the ribbon tweeter for them as well, as they have twin designs (D & R) for other series.

Thanks, i think i will gave it a try. My room is quit big (30 x 12ft), but my set-up is placed along the long wall in the front of the room. Hafway the room is seperated with a big open closed.

The desk where my monitor speakers are on and the (100 Years) old wooden floor are not a good combination for my Chario monitors which are ported on the down side.

To be fair I had moved house to a smaller living space and the S400 were simply too visually intrusive. I didn’t even wire them up.

Living space below to give an indication of size. Ceiling about 3.2m

G

2 Likes

Placing speakers direct on desk, usually provide too much un-controlled bas.
Try lift them up a bit

1 Like