Show us Your Tablette 10

Hh similar size room to me I’m 5m long and 3.5 wide and 3m high
I’m going to wait till everything is back to normal then home demo a set to see what I think I’ll be going for the signature version
Don’t get me wrong I love the speakers I’ve got but to get the best out off them I’m at 11/12 o’clock on the volume, the bass is as tight and good as it is I know is going next door as well as in my room if you know what I mean
Since having the amp serviced it’s a lot more deeper in the bass and getting better every week to be honest as well as sound stage getting wider/fuller

2 Likes

I agree with the speed and drums. As I have said it was their ability to really pull of a drum lick on one song that all the others just failed to do and all sounded out of time. Not so with the tabs.

2 Likes

Here’s a quick view of my Tab 10 Sigs. Love them with XS3. Granite plates under them on very stable cabinet and .635cm tilt up make a significant difference in sound stage and detail. 38cm from back wall to tweeter.

16 Likes

It is. Yours inspired me as well especially the speaker stands - thank you. By the way, I haven’t filled them with Atabites yet, still have a tub left from filling some B&W stands. Will give it a try later since I’m enjoying this new setup.

1 Like

They are TQ ultra black 2. I took them from the main system because they are too short after I rearrange the racks and went back to naca5.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I will listen to that album.

I never understood if the distance between the speaker and the back wall should be calculated from the tweeter (i.e. from the front of the speaker) or rather than from the rear panel of the speaker…

David

Feeling the love so thanks for all the contributions!

G

7 Likes

Sure is Graeme too much :grin: as I’m now thinking of buying another pair for my Nait 2 setup!!!

4 Likes

It should be from the front of the speaker according to Dynaudio.

I calculate from the front of the speaker where the tweeter is to the back wall. I think that’s “normal”.

Which album, HH?

1 Like

My son, who’s drummed for 25 years (10 years semi-pro), says my D20Rs were great for drum sound reproduction, but the K6s are just unbelievable! Mr Tyler is a genius!

4 Likes

This one.

2 Likes

So, if ProAc suggests a minimum distance of, let’s say, 45 cm from the back wall and the speaker’s depth is 25 cm, do you calculate the “air” between the speaker and back wall is 20 cm, am I right?

Thanks,
David

The distance from the back wall is the gap between the back of the speaker and the wall. So if they say 45cm from the wall, that’s the gap. The front will - obviously - be further from the wall. My Tablette 10 Signatures are 9cm from the wall.

1 Like

And this is for me as well!
Thanks HH

That is what I do. I have tried many different distances from the back wall, the side walls are not an issue in my setup. 21cm from the back wall to the back of the speaker cabinet plus 17cm speaker cabinet depth equals the total 38cm from the back wall to the front of the tweeter. Soundstage in particular seems very affected by the distance from the rear walls and the tilt of the speaker. Bass although somewhat affected, may be more affected by the speaker isolation, that is why I use a very stable cabinet braced against the back wall, with 30 lb granite plates, blu tack between the granite and the cabinet and Herbie’s Square Fat Dots between the speakers and the granite.

1 Like

I cannot stop listening to these little gems. They make me enjoy while working a bit. Their finishing is lovely too.

15 Likes

Good, aren’t they!. Just for fun you might try connecting directly to the upper terminals, which is my preference.

Yours look lovely in that space.

G

2 Likes