Show us your turntable

Exciting day today - 1, it’s a day off, 2, I’m heading to Leicester to see Peter at Cymbiosis for a karousel bearing upgrade on my LP12 and auditioning Lingo 4 and Radikal Power Supplies - update and pics to follow

4 Likes

It was a late 50th birthday gift - has been fun finding original issue 45s to fill it with. Kids are completely mesmerized by this clunky, loud and MOVING machine… a far cry from the digital experience. Regularly find them dancing around the jukebox to the likes of the Beatles, Beach Boys & James Brown… certainly brings a sense of fun to our evenings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My LP12, now with added Radikal and not visible, Karousel

27 Likes

When the light’s right I just sit and look at it for a while before deciding if I want to play something :joy:

Simon Price SimPlinth in Indian Rosewood expertly fitted by Peter Swain
Beautiful.

42 Likes

Beautiful …

1 Like

I can fully understand that. I’m a sucker for beautifully figured & highly polished wood.

Fell in love with the plinth for a Garrard 301 shown in the video (4th post down) under this thread over on ‘Padded Cell’.

1 Like

I do like that plinth !!!

1 Like

dear god, that rw plinth!
I have walnut. I’ll put my GEORGE HARRISON RW telecaster beside my lp12 and fantasize.

2 Likes

I got this mounted on my turntable last Friday …:blush:

21 Likes

Fantastic TT :+1:

2 Likes

Very happy with my used turntable find
which I have upgraded with a new pickup and a new cover…:blush:

21 Likes

Looks like that rega arm has the Michell counter weight?

1 Like

An under appreciated TT . Had one, I could have switched to a TechnoArm and an Ortofon Black or Bronze .

Easy to be wise after the event

1 Like

It’s not just the counterweight that is Michell, the whole tonearm is a Michell, the TecnoArm A, which is based on a Rega arm that ME has improved and refined.

2 Likes

Yes, it really is an underrated turntable, with the TecnoArm and the new pickup it plays really, really well and can easily be compared to more expensive turntables.

1 Like

Very nice! What phono stage are you using? (I had a 10x5 for many years and felt, unsurprisingly, that it mated very well with the Dynavector P75 phono.)

1 Like

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: Right now I have the simplest Rega, the Fono mini, but I will borrow a Dynavector P75 mk4 from my dealer next weekend and according to him it should fit very well with the 10x5 just like you say!

1 Like

Try a Graham Slee - they will lend you one.

A whole load better than a Rega Fono

3 Likes

I used a reflex M for some time, lovely phono stage.
Highly recommended.

2 Likes

Is there any specific model of Graham Slee you are thinking of?